• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Garmin Echomap Combo

Jeff Barber

Has anyone used this unit in a fish house with multiple sonars? Does it play well with others. I have an lx7 I love but I am looking to add another unit to my inventory. I hear the helix units do not work well with others, too much interference. Thanks for the input. 

Don't rule out the Helix units... I also have an LX7 and it plays very well with my Helix 5 that is a Gen 2 unit.  In fact, I've had very little trouble with any of the newer units creating much interference across brands, if everyone has a unit that has some decent interference rejection settings.  Might take a few minutes to dial things in when you first set up, but after that, usually not enough interference on any of the units to cause issues.

I used to run my LX 6 with a Garmin EchoMap together with no real problems. Once I added the Panoptix I started to have problems however. Everyone want to watch the Panoptix instead of their own unit. Finally sold the LX 6 and now only use the Garmin. I won't comment on my Hummingbird experiences however. 

19 hours ago, Jeff Barber said:

Has anyone used this unit in a fish house with multiple sonars? Does it play well with others. I have an lx7 I love but I am looking to add another unit to my inventory. I hear the helix units do not work well with others, too much interference. Thanks for the input. 

Thanks guys. I do have a helix on my boat, great unit. I have been in a house with 2 Lx7 units and a fl20 and the vexilar was useless. I was leaning twords the combo garmin to use in the house with multiple sonars, and also on the boat. All with the intention of getting pan optix sometime soon. They sure jumped into the sonar industry with some impressive options, interesting the technology these days. Thanks again. 

• Thumbs Up 1