• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Nate Remmele

Richmond/cold Spring Musky

Nate Remmele

I've been trying to find specific info on how the musky population is doing in the chain of lakes. I know they started stocking in 2011 and stock every other year. Anybody have any idea if it's worth trying for them yet?

IceHawk

There are a few in there but no one really targets them. I personally have caught 3 out there since they have been stocked. 2 at 24 inches and a decent 33 incher all caught accidently fishing walleyes. Usally spot a few smaller ones sunning in the shallows while targeting panfish, There really isn't a lot of info out there about them in the chain other than stocking reports. I would contact Muskie incorporated they should be able to give you some of the info you are after or steer you in the right direction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

JBMasterAngler

Probably won’t start hearing much until those first stocked muskies start exceeding 40+ inches. Sounds like the stocking has been very successful though, so the future is bright.

Nate Remmele

Thanks guys!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wheres_Walter
      Caught a dozen on frazer tonight.  All on rainbows.    Jigs and lindys equally productive.  All 11-15” fish caught in  10-12 fow
    • bassbouncer
      Yep he worked for me a few years ago. He had moved to Arizona a awhile ago and hadn’t worked for Timbuktu since. 
    • delcecchi
      I just heard (way late) that Louis Watt, of Cook, a Technician at Timbutktu Marine,  was in a bad motorcycle wreck down down in Arizona this winter.    He has a caring bridge and gofund me sites and a facebook page for those who might be interested.     https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/louiewatt https://www.gofundme.com/louis-watt https://www.facebook.com/louie.watt              
    • bfisherman11
      John, Glad to see you posting. I will be up with my new Lowe FM165 July 22nd. Can't wait. Bill
    • Tom Sawyer
      http://knsiradio.com/news/local-news/no-wake-zones-area-lakes For the love of God, enough rain already !!! But, night crawler and shroom picking has been good ☺
    • PRO-V
      I went through it years ago and it pays to have a letter signed by the mother and you may even want to bring birth certificate to play it safe.
    • Knowknot
      Thanks phish and gunner, I just thought that someone might open up on this site and let us know. Anyway that's good information and thanks again...
    • Tony C
      Hi All: I am bringing my son and dad to Aikens Lake in Manitoba this summer. My son (Joe) is 5 and has an active passport, however someone suggested I might need extra documentation for the border crossing since my wife will not be with us and consequently only 1 of Joe's 2 legal guardians will be with him as he crosses the border.   Does anyone know? I looked online some and it sounded like a letter signed by the mother and a witness was suggested but not required. I couldn't tell for sure and wondered if anyone knows or has gone thru it before?  Appreciate any help.    Thanks, Tony
    • Darrell Larson
      He is still very active with his guiding on Vermilion.
    • Rick
      Water remains dangerously cold, life jackets a necessity Memorial Day weekend signals the start of the summer boating season, but boaters should keep in mind water temperatures remain spring-like. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources urges boaters to wear life jackets no matter the water temperature or season, but it’s especially important this time of year, when wearing a life jacket is the one action that significantly increases the chances of surviving a fall into cold water.  Though temperatures continue to rise, water temperatures across the state generally are around the 50-degree mark, which is cold enough to cause a gasp reflex and incapacitate even the strongest swimmers in less than one minute. “Cold water affects everyone the same – it reduces your swimming abilities,” said Lisa Dugan, boating safety representative with the DNR. “Even the most experienced swimmers will have trouble within seconds of an unexpected fall into cold water. Wearing a life jacket gives you a fighting chance to get your head above water, stay calm instead of panicking, and call for help before hypothermia sets in.” In Minnesota, more than one-third of boating fatalities occur on cold water, and accident records show the victims are disproportionately male. Of the 14 people involved in boating fatalities in the state last year, all were male. And during the past decade, there’s been a trend that men between the ages of 20 and 60 are the most likely to drown while boating and are the least likely to be wearing a life jacket. “It’s pretty clear that wearing a life jacket could easily prevent a significant percentage of boating deaths,” Dugan said. Before the first launch of the season, anglers are also reminded to review boating regulations, inspect their watercraft and gear, enlist a mechanic to check exhaust systems for potential carbon monoxide leaks, and verify motorboats are equipped with the following: U.S. Coast Guard-approved wearable life jackets for each person onboard (children under 10 must wear a properly fitting life jacket while underway). A throwable flotation device on boats 16 feet or longer. A horn or a whistle. Type B, U.S. Coast Guard-approved fire extinguisher. Navigation lights in working order. Valid boat registration, with numbers visible. Watercraft can be registered in person at any deputy registrar of motor vehicles, at the DNR License Center in St. Paul, or online at mndnr.gov/licenses. Further details, including boater education requirements and information on preventing carbon monoxide poisoning while boating, can be found at mndnr.gov/boatingsafety. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.