• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Eyesniper
      By Eyesniper
      Anyone know for 100% positive who has shiners in the west metro area? Apparently there is a large shortage of them again this year and I prefer them for set lining cats. 
    • Dave S
      By Dave S
      Might be heading up to Borden Lake this weekend. That is, if the ice and travel conditions are good. Is atv travel possible or hasn't there been much traffic on the lake?
    • Jason Johnston
      By Jason Johnston
      We are new to Minnesota fishing, I've read you can have 3 hooks within 9" on a tip up.  Can you have a minnow on each hook?  Or only allowed one bait, for example, a 9" smelt with all the hooks attached?  Kind of a man made lure.
    • Bucketcastle
      By Bucketcastle
      This will be my second year going.  All fish need to be released alive.  Its pretty deep water.  Has barotrauma popped up at all with fish being released at the contest?

• Wheezy Outdoors
      By Wheezy Outdoors
      Variable conditions seems to be the trend this season. This past weekend we had yet another snow storm which dumped approximately 10-12 inches in the Remer, Longville, Outing, and Walker area. Travel has been best still with sleds or track machines. Colder temps the past few weeks have firmed things up on some bodies of water which were once heavy laden with slush, however there are still several lakes that unfortunately we would not advise to travel on until things improve, and with the "January thaw" approaching that might be a while. If you are planning on traveling to the area, call the area resorts or bait shops to get current conditions prior.
      This past weekend was the Winter Inland Trout Opener. Stories of success were across the board. As some people had great success, others struggled. We ourselves definitely had noticed more lookers than takers on the Vexilar, but managed to get a few topside. Fighting the cold front that hit mid Saturday morning, being on the right body of water, and having the right presentation all factored in.
      Lake Trout: Lakers are hitting tipped tubes and spoons in 35'-70' of water. Look to the inside turns, points, and shelves. And the best advice I can give any fisherman targeting trout is STAY MOBILE. Keep moving until you get one on the graph, never spending more than 5-10 minutes in an inactive hole. And not only should you stay on the move, but keep that lure moving consistently, working the entire water column.

Stream Trout: Try searching around 4'-9' of water on the stocked trout lakes. Small spoons like the Clam Speed Spoon tipped with a Maki Plastic or waxie have produced the best.

Panfish: Hit the shallow weedlines for those big Gills, and drill out over the deep basins in 22'-35' feet of water to catch the Crappies. Tungsten jigs tipped with waxies have worked well. Again, the key to success is staying mobile.

Walleye: Still can be found on the shoreline points anywhere from 11'-26' feet of water and on the sunken humps. Jigging using spoons tipped with a minnow head have been best when they have been aggressive. If your noticing them coming in yet seemingly shy of the jig, slow down your movement, and try a simpler presentation. Toss down a set-line with a plain hook tipped with a medium Shiner or small Sucker Minnow.

Alice Wiese
      Wheezy Outdoors
      218-275-7525
      [email protected]

• Randy  Kato
      By Randy Kato
      Hi there was just wondering If there is plans for a Cool cats get together this year Thanks Randy
    • JBMasterAngler
      By JBMasterAngler
      Anyone brave the snow and get out for the trout opener? Based on reports and pictures I seen, if you didn’t have a snowmobile, you weren’t getting anywhere away from the gunflint trail. 

Every time I see it snow in Grand Marais, I cringe. I’m planning on going up there in late March. It’s shaping up to be nothing but slush, slush, and more slush! 😖
    • Eyesniper
      By Eyesniper
      Has anyone been out to big swan recently? Curious how the ice is and if there are spots to avoid as I’ve not fished this lake before. Looking to target cats as my other lakes have been lacking this year. Don’t need other people’s spots just ice conditions. Would like to bring out my 3/4 ton and 17’ IC if possible. 
    • knoppers
      By knoppers
      2020 Current Fishing Reports - Click Here. Show us your pics. 

thought I should start this topic up for the up coming ice season. with the recent warm weather, it may be a another week or more for safe ice travel. please be safe out there.
    • Joe
      By Joe
      2020 Brainerd-Aitkin-McGregor Fishing Reports - Click Here. Show us your pics. 

Lot of nice fishing reports and lake information follow..

The top Brainerd area fishing guides are posting in this report as well.

Have fun and feel free to ask questions.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• cookie129
      Well we made it home from my moms funeral in Iowa late last nite. Fishing report to follow.  Jonny boy and Richie will be busy today as they get out on the lake to make some  decisions on what we can do for the up and coming weekend.   After slamming on blue thunder last week installing a used rear end in blue thunder she lasted all of one day . While plowing out our driveway after a long day before banking un banking plowing moving houses etc she broke a front outer axel shaft. All this snow and slush has put my poor trucks through a work out. Getting stuck then trying to get them out is so much harder on them. I have always babied my fleet as much as possible. This year that is all most if not impossible. We were able to find parts on the way home so hopefully with a little luck we can get her up and running asap.  Some of the outfitters have pulled the plug for this year. Rumors fly on the internet making our winter even tougher? Most of the outfits that live here year long are still open. The wheel houses  have drawn the short straw this year.  Every season is different when it comes to mother nature. It is just the way it is. I have been preaching for 20 years she is the boss . One year the ice froze like a skating rink . I could of ice skated all the way to the north shore, another year the lake cracked all over the place? Another year we had over  3 feet of ice maybe closer to 4. Another year we hauled snow from shore to bank the houses. Another year it was 40 below for 5 days with highs 30 below.  Trying to share how all the house's did last weekend again is kind of  a nightmare. We headed out of town sunday while everyone was staying tell Monday. Sarah and her crew did manage to get 4 over 17 with a total of 15 fish taken home. From what I gathered the fish started to bite sunday? No one got skunked as far as I know. Again the rest of the houses caught some fish but I have no  numbers. Not being able to visit and get to know my customers  has been tough on me. I want to get in a truck right now  so I can go checkout the lake my self. After the little slip a couple weeks ago I keep telling my self I can not help period. I'm still hoping I can atleast do a little fishing in old Minnesota before the season ends. As long as I do not catch one over 10 lbs since that my weight restrictions  of what I can lift. If I do get any fish I will just have to hoist them out of the hole since bending over is tough with this brace on plus the brace is to stop me from bending.  Again sorry about the poor fishing report, its been a long week traveling  to southern Iowa and back.  At this time we are going day by day or week to week as we see what mother nature throws at us.   Again a few tid bits as we all try and make this world a better place.  Laugh more you only live once, laughter is the best medicine.  Be honest its a lot easier to remember the truth then to make things up. Give complements, open doors, lend a helping hand.  Call your parents,  Don't hold grudges. forgive and forget.  Love thy neighbor,  Pay it forward, 
    • Paul Waldowski
      For what species?
    • Wanderer
      It’s so pretty it looks mounted already 
    • Rick G
      Suspended 10ft  off bottom, over basin area. 4mm black tungsren with white finnesse style body
    • BobT
      This morning I found a solution. I had an old pair of cross country skis that I haven't used in 25 years. I got some 1" PVC pipe and made a frame and fastened it to the skis similar to the Smitty Sled design. Took about 1-1/2 hours to make it. Tried it out this afternoon and it worked great. 
    • Huntin&Fishin
      Paul, have you heard of any depths that have been working lately?
    • Wanderer
      I sure hope you have a fantastic trip!  Never done Trout myself in all the times I’ve been in the area.   I don’t want to sound like a Debbie Downer but have you heard anything about snow and slush conditions on Trout?  Hopefully it’s not as bad as the Big V reports but they are neighbors.
    • EW6
      The Whistle Binkies Warm Up to the Polar Plunge Ice Fishingcontest is this coming Feb 1st from 12:00 Noon – 4:00 P.M. at Whistle Binkies South in Rochester MN. This is just one of many great events happening all day at Whistle Binkies to benefit Special Olympics.   Entry fee is $10, with an optional $1 big fish pot. Half of the entry fee will be donated to Special Olympics with the rest paid out to the winners. Big fish pot is winner takes all. Contestants can weigh a total of 4 fish composed of any combination of crappie, sunfish or perch. Big fish pot is open to any legal species. Registration begins anytime after 10:00 A.M. in the main building or 11:00 on the ice at the far end of the lake – ask for Eric Korman.   Hoping to see you there! Whistle Binkies Event Website  
    • Rick
      Ummm...hmmmmm... Minnesota offensive lineman Daniel Faalele is still learning football, but at 6'9" and 400 pounds...he's not undersized. If he is, I like that kind on the Gophers line.   Maybe PJ just likes over-achievers with a big motor because they can relate? Ya think!!! 🙂😁😎💜💛💜
    • SkunkedAgain
      PJ Fleck was an undersized, over-achiever with a big motor. I think that he looks for the guys with the same qualities because they can relate.