• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alexandria Decoy Show

Mike89

just to let all know our decoy show will the on March 16th..  and free admission again!!  

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

What time does it start I might bring a friend 

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Sounds like fun details time location ?

4 hours ago, IceHawk said:

Sounds like fun details time location ?

It's at the hockey arena in Alex. Go into Alex thru town to the statue take a left. 

I'll be there in the morning. Think it starts about 9 am. By the way bring lots of cash there's some awesome stuff on the silent auction 

thanks smurfy, yes 9am to 3pm   it's at the RCC at the fairgrounds..  take 82 west when you are in town.  I will be emceeing the show so say hi!!  

come on up!!!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mike89 said:

thanks smurfy, yes 9am to 3pm   it's at the RCC at the fairgrounds..  take 82 west when you are in town.  I will be emceeing the show so say hi!!  

come on up!!!!  

So they found the biggest BSer to hold the microphone??!?

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, smurfy said:

So they found the biggest BSer to hold the microphone??!?

what you doing it!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

Saw a bunch of the carvers that are attending looks to be a great show. If we don't hit a lake Saturday ill definitely be there 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

On 3/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, IceHawk said:

Saw a bunch of the carvers that are attending looks to be a great show. If we don't hit a lake Saturday ill definitely be there 

hit it one the way to the lake. i'll be there somewhere around 9'ish!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I Like it 1

Well glad I went to this.! The carvings,  working decoys and custom spears were amazing some peoples talents  are truly inspiring! The items there brought back some great memories of me and my fathers spearing days together. ? Had the good fortune of running into Smurfy we had a good chat both of us were blown away by a hand carved ruffed grouse on a log it was absolutey one of the best pieces i've ever seen the detailing was behond imagination.  Price was $3,000 which explains the workmanship and time put into it I should of took a pic. Smurfy introduced me to Mike 89 it was great to finally meet you hopefully in the future we will get more time to know each other. . Thanks again for posting this show I guarantee ill be back again next year. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 2

yea what icehawk said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I got outta there only 30 bucks lighter, and that was raffle tickets!!!!!!

• I Like it 1

agree with ya fellers!!!  $30.00 for tickets, some wild rice and a couple small items so I did good too!!! but alas I can not say we won any guns!!!!  oh well next year!!!

• Confused 1
  • I Like it 1

13 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

agree with ya fellers!!!  $30.00 for tickets, some wild rice and a couple small items so I did good too!!! but alas I can not say we won any guns!!!!  oh well next year!!!

story of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

It ain’t over already is it?  

I asked my my wife if she wanted to go instead of installing her new kitchen appliances.  Guess which one she picked?  I’ve been to that show a couple times.  Always plenty to look at but the high point would’ve been pressing the flesh with you other site members. 

And I actually mean that. ?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

It ain’t over already is it?  

I asked my my wife if she wanted to go instead of installing her new kitchen appliances.  Guess which one she picked?  I’ve been to that show a couple times.  Always plenty to look at but the high point would’ve been pressing the flesh with you other site members. 

And I actually mean that. ?

yes it's over but we have next year!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

I'm not sure who will be emceeing it next year but I'll be there some of the time!!!  decided yesterday to hand the torch to someone else for the job....  time to enjoy the show in a different way!!!!

• Wow, ❤ 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

I'm not sure who will be emceeing it next year but I'll be there some of the time!!!  decided yesterday to hand the torch to someone else for the job....  time to enjoy the show in a different way!!!!

yea I sensed some frustration in your voice yesterday!!!!!!!!!:whistle:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I tried to convince my wife to go but we went to the antique stores I southeast Minnesota 

• Yayyyy 1

Minnesota Bound last night had Rick Wittier on the show!!  showing him making decoys and his process!!  find it if ya can!!!  He's a member of the Alex chapter!!!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

Minnesota Bound last night had Rick Wittier on the show!!  showing him making decoys and his process!!  find it if ya can!!!  He's a member of the Alex chapter!!!!

i just missed realizing bound was on. i like that show but on at an odd time.

last year i asked him about making a perch decoy. he had some but it wasnt the fine detail i was looking for but didnt seem interested in doing one special for me so i thought he was a bit smug. but then again all the other carvers didnt have one i wanted either.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, smurfy said:

i just missed realizing bound was on. i like that show but on at an odd time.

last year i asked him about making a perch decoy. he had some but it wasnt the fine detail i was looking for but didnt seem interested in doing one special for me so i thought he was a bit smug. but then again all the other carvers didnt have one i wanted either.

he will do special order too and ship it to you....

• Thanks 1