• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crystal Bay

I’m thinking of trying fishing on crystal bay on Minnetonka, but I don’t see any public access to it. Is there a way to drive on to crystal bay ? 

There is not a public access directly located on that particular bay.  You could access it from another bay and then travel over to it.  I would be very cautious about driving a car through a channel though.  There is current there and all the salt from the bridge above gets plowed onto the ice there.  Lots of cars go through those channels.

Isn't there still a winter only access on the west bay of Crystal a little east of the channel into North Arm?

33 minutes ago, Hookmaster said:

Isn't there still a winter only access on the west bay of Crystal a little east of the channel into North Arm?

Yes, there used to be anyway.

Absolutely, DO NOT drive a vehicle under any of the bridges/channels on Minnetonka.  These spots have very thin ice. Some of them I wouldn't even walk through yet alone drive through.  Already two vehicles down this year from attempting this.

• Thumbs Up 1