• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

eyeguy 54

Dang Weather

eyeguy 54

might be time to binge some more netflix and prime. 

• Sad 1
  • Like 1

mrpike1973

This is sure going make it hard to get on the lakes. Maybe fishing shows?

• Haha 1

PRO-V

Don't forget cold beverages!!😀

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanderer

This winter has proven to me how crappy the tires are on my truck! 😡  I’m REALLY tired of getting stuck and prolly won’t even hit the ice this weekend either.

Maybe the St. Cloud Sportsman Show is a better place to hang out?

Grainbelt
12 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

might be time to binge some more netflix and prime. 

Deep snow and frigid cold this weekend. Great idea. 

smurfy
On 2/7/2019 at 8:27 PM, Wanderer said:

This winter has proven to me how crappy the tires are on my truck! 😡  I’m REALLY tired of getting stuck and prolly won’t even hit the ice this weekend either.

Maybe the St. Cloud Sportsman Show is a better place to hang out?

im planning on going saturday!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick G
22 hours ago, smurfy said:

im planning on going saturday!!!!!!!!!!

I think the sport show was this last weekend... boat show this coming weekend

eyeguy 54

you going to bowstrung @smurfy ?

Wanderer

Yup, boat show starts Friday in St. Cloud.  I’d try to catch up with you @smurfybut I’ll be in another county this weekend fishin’ through the snow a slush!

• Thumbs Up 1

smurfy
6 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

you going to bowstrung @smurfy ?

nope. not headed that way to fish till some of the snow goes away!!!!!!!!

Vlad Nechai

In bad weather, I prepare fishing gear, drinking beer and watching the game of thrones.

leech~~
8 minutes ago, Vlad Nechai said:

In bad weather, I prepare fishing gear, drinking beer and watching the game of thrones.

ˈwelkəm, how much snow do you have where you live? We are having some what of a pretty bad year. More snow then in many years which is making it hard to get on to the lakes. 🙁

Vlad Nechai

Thank's! I was born in Ukraine, but live in Collingwood, Canada. I live in the suburbs, and now there is about 20 cm of snow near the house, the road services almost do not reach here. Getting on to the lake is impossible for me, now. And where are u from?

leech~~
47 minutes ago, Vlad Nechai said:

Thank's! I was born in Ukraine, but live in Collingwood, Canada. I live in the suburbs, and now there is about 20 cm of snow near the house, the road services almost do not reach here. Getting on to the lake is impossible for me, now. And where are u from?

From Minnesota USA where this site is from. Snowmobiles would be the best bet for getting around now. Our state has over 10,000 lakes with some pretty large ones where resorts plow road to drive out on but their even having issues trying to keep them open this year with all the snow we have been getting.  It doesn't look like a lot of lakes by you. Does Georgian Bay freeze over to fish?  If so what do they catch out of there? 

Vlad Nechai

There are not so many snowmobiles, as far as I understand. The temperature in the daytime between 0 and -3 degrees Celsius suggests that the snow will begin to melt. We often went fishing in Georgian Bay and it's freeze over to fish. But in the winter we are rarely enough. Fishing competitions are often held there. I know that salmon and sturgeon is a fish that is caught there in winter... and pike sometimes

Edited by Vlad Nechai
  • Thumbs Up 2

leech~~

It does look like Collingwood, Canada. is a bit lower longitudinally then most of Minnesota and you may stay warmer with the lake effects? I would think that you would get a lot of snow there with the lake effects though?  Hard to believe there isn't a lot of folks with snowmobiles around there?

• Thumbs Up 1

Vlad Nechai

I agree with you, at the expense of snow. I don’t want to state completely at the expense of snowmobiles, but according to my own observations, snowmobiles were not widely noticed, although on the other hand I almost did not leave the city area this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~

Speaking of Sturgeon. One of the members on this site caught what may be a new record the other day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vlad Nechai
7 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Speaking of Sturgeon. One of the members on this site caught what may be a new record the other day.

Omg, this is a real trophy. I could not resist and immediately rewound the video closer to the end to look at the result, the phenomenal playing the fish!

• Thumbs Up 1