• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

mrpike1973

Too Much Snow!

mrpike1973

Well next week the wife and I are going up to the Alex area for a ice fishing vacation. I think I may have to come up with another plan! are there any lakes up there that someone plows or you can pay a access fee? I'm assuming they are getting nailed with snow as we are down here. Are there hot lakes that would get more traffic just going for pan fish? Looking more for travel possibilities. Small SUV AWD Thanks for any help.

PRO-V

I'm at the point where I think I'll get a nice hotel room with the wife and enjoy eating out and relaxing.🤔

mrpike1973

I think that's what I may do also we do 1 vacation a year Thursday thru Sunday and rent a hotel no overnight for this couple in a fish house was hoping to fish one lake maybe.

IceHawk

Pike my guess is Reno and Waska in that area will have roads plowed. Hunts resort on Waska usally plows some.  U could call Koeps bait in Glenwood or Christophers Bait in Alex they should be able to steer you in the right direction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

mrpike1973

IceHawk Thanks so much for the help I will do that!!

Mike89
3 hours ago, mrpike1973 said:

Well next week the wife and I are going up to the Alex area for a ice fishing vacation. I think I may have to come up with another plan! are there any lakes up there that someone plows or you can pay a access fee? I'm assuming they are getting nailed with snow as we are down here. Are there hot lakes that would get more traffic just going for pan fish? Looking more for travel possibilities. Small SUV AWD Thanks for any help.

Head of the Lakes resort on Lake Osakis!!!  give them a call, they will take care of you!!  I live 1 block away so I see it...

• Thumbs Up 2

mrpike1973

Thanks Mike 89 Is this a place I could pay a access fee to drive on with portable house?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike89

Yes you can, and sometimes they wave the fee if you are getting food, drink and bait there...  plus some plowed roads too...

• Thumbs Up 2

mrpike1973

Thanks all I might rent a spear house on Osakis that would be fun

Mike89
9 minutes ago, mrpike1973 said:

Thanks all I might rent a spear house on Osakis that would be fun

they rent them there too!!  there is an 800 I think on their website.  other wise I can get ya number...  have fun!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Borch

Very good qyality panfish lake although they can be very finicky. 

Vlad Nechai

Hi there! Try ice fishing here: ludingtonicefishing.com It's a special local sport there and the weather is generally favorable for it. Plus you can find some incredible local professionals of ice fishing there who can help you with gear and other stuff.