• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Too Much Snow!

mrpike1973

Well next week the wife and I are going up to the Alex area for a ice fishing vacation. I think I may have to come up with another plan! are there any lakes up there that someone plows or you can pay a access fee? I'm assuming they are getting nailed with snow as we are down here. Are there hot lakes that would get more traffic just going for pan fish? Looking more for travel possibilities. Small SUV AWD Thanks for any help.

I think that's what I may do also we do 1 vacation a year Thursday thru Sunday and rent a hotel no overnight for this couple in a fish house was hoping to fish one lake maybe.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Pike my guess is Reno and Waska in that area will have roads plowed. Hunts resort on Waska usally plows some.  U could call Koeps bait in Glenwood or Christophers Bait in Alex they should be able to steer you in the right direction. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, mrpike1973 said:

Well next week the wife and I are going up to the Alex area for a ice fishing vacation. I think I may have to come up with another plan! are there any lakes up there that someone plows or you can pay a access fee? I'm assuming they are getting nailed with snow as we are down here. Are there hot lakes that would get more traffic just going for pan fish? Looking more for travel possibilities. Small SUV AWD Thanks for any help.

Head of the Lakes resort on Lake Osakis!!!  give them a call, they will take care of you!!  I live 1 block away so I see it...

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes you can, and sometimes they wave the fee if you are getting food, drink and bait there...  plus some plowed roads too...

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, mrpike1973 said:

Thanks all I might rent a spear house on Osakis that would be fun

they rent them there too!!  there is an 800 I think on their website.  other wise I can get ya number...  have fun!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Very good qyality panfish lake although they can be very finicky.