• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Uncle Rico

2019 Rainy River Melt

Uncle Rico

What better time to start this than during -30 temps!!!  Someone's gotta be that guy, so it might as well be me!

Anyone else got the itch?

• Thumbs Up 2

PRO-V

No!!😀

ANYFISH2

The boys have already been talking about it here.

Never too early.

SPUD BAR

Every day at least once I think about the Rainy

• Thumbs Up 1

Uncle Rico

Well, it opens up fast sometimes, but things aren't looking too promising for an early start to fishing this year.....nothing in the forecast to get anyone too excited.

ANYFISH2

According to LOW tourism ice on the river is thinner than usual, thats a plus!

Any thoughts on the new regs for this year?

Uncle Rico

I'm curious to see how it impacts boat numbers.  I wouldn't think it would have any effect hardly but who knows, people are funny sometimes.....

SPUD BAR

Oh boy, what new regs?  Didn’t hear about em yet

SPUD BAR

Just looked the new regs up. Not an issue for me. I never intend to keep any. Usually too tired in the evenings after 12 hrs in the boat to think about cleaning fish. 

trumy

Believe that its catch and release during April and the limits changed when regular season  gets underway.  I don't mind as I'm not in it to see how many I can  catch  and bring home just a real blast to be able to catch really nice fish and say that I did  it

Luzaich

Forecast doesn’t look too promising yet 

LucasLongCaster

Might be the first year I dont make it up since 2011. Not because of the regulation changes but last year the wait at the boat launch was horrible. Have to say it was very comical watching people try to load and launch boats though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Luzaich
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, LucasLongCaster said:

Might be the first year I dont make it up since 2011. Not because of the regulation changes but last year the wait at the boat launch was horrible. Have to say it was very comical watching people try to load and launch boats though.

Looking like another year like last... March 8th and no reports yet

Edited by Luzaich
  • Thumbs Up 1

LucasLongCaster

I think its gonna happen late and fast which means really dirty fast flowing water.

Doug87

It could be a long wait this year. There hasn’t been any melt yet and there is a lot of snow out there. From what I have been hearing the river is locked up tight and there’s plenty of ice. 

• Sad 1

Luzaich

Satellite image looks like it might be open up to kuttes landing in Pelland? anyone check the river lately? That sun has to be doing some work the last 2 days 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

Uncle Rico

If nothing else, its just nice to see the process beginning to happen.  Good lord, the last 2 months have been brutal.

• Like 1

Beau Blake

Hopefully we can start getting some intel from guys up there. I’ll have a buddy check for me Thursday and I’ll keep you posted.

• Thumbs Up 2

ANYFISH2

Looked like 46 degrees yesterday in I-Falls.  That should have helped some.

• Thumbs Up 1

Luzaich

They also changed the forecast from 6 inches of snow to an inch of rain

• Thumbs Up 1

Luzaich

Mouth of the little fork via rainy lake guiding.. the landing isn’t opened up yet

8F6D673D-C88A-4C24-ABBA-963338F3B87C.png

• Thumbs Up 1

LucasLongCaster

This coming weeks forecast looks helpful.

LucasLongCaster

Any new reports? Last I heard river was open to Loman.

Edited by LucasLongCaster
  • Thumbs Up 1

Luzaich

Saw a video of franze jevne lookin pretty dark 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1