• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello all,

Well we just moved into the Dalbo area and I'm about to start looking for new water to fish. I primarily try to target panfish in the winter (pike every now and again) and walleyes over the soft water season. So far I have tried Lory and West Rush this winter. Does anyone have pointers for lakes to try and learn? I've heard some good things about Green Lake. I know it will just take time and patience to learn the new waters. 

Thanks, Dan

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Green for crappies and pike. I will try to set up a get together sometime soon

On 1/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, Dan85 said:

Thanks for the leads. I'm heading out to give green a shot this evening. 

First try on Green was humbling. Ended up setting shop on the edge of a ridge. Couldn't keep the perch off. Soon as dark came in, no more fish to be found. Next time I'll try one of the breaks. 

5 hours ago, Dan85 said:

First try on Green was humbling. Ended up setting shop on the edge of a ridge. Couldn't keep the perch off. Soon as dark came in, no more fish to be found. Next time I'll try one of the breaks. 

Try deep 26+ feet 

23 hours ago, Dan85 said:

I was out there on Saturday and pretty much did the same. Kept 3 crappies.

Man it, sure was a zoo out there, but next time I'm going to stay away from the crowds and roads.

Dan85, I think you would have a lot better success in the open water season.  I don't fish Green as much as I used to, but early in the spring before the water warms up I used to catch a fair number of walleyes.  Also, the size population of pike in that lake is a lot better than it is in surrounding lakes.  Its not over loaded with snakes.  The bass fishing is pretty good too, and very few people target them.  The only advice I would offer is to try and avoid going on a nice sunny day because that is when the riff raff comes out.  It can be a zoo with recreational traffic at the access and there's only one ramp.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the additional informations gents. Now one has to wonder if they will get stuck in a snow bank with this wonderful weather we had the past couple weeks. I might give tonight a try... Stay tuned as I'll leave a report if i make it out. 

Lori lake has been pretty good for crappies

• 1 month later...

Was out on Lory this past weekend. Caught a handful of fish, but not much size to them. Fish still seemed to be out deep, but noticed they are rising up in the water column. We will see what this upcoming weekend brings. Ice was still good and solid off the plowed roads, but I have a hunch that is going to change quickly. 

Thinking blue on Saturday