• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

BrianF

Any updates as to the slush conditions on Vermilion, particularly off the staked trails?  

Spearing Machine

I have been sledding Pike Bay morning and night most every single day since Thanksgiving. Things have improved a little bit. There is still areas that are pretty bad though. Some of the slush has consumed all the snow and worked it's way to the top and that stuff is setting up nicely now. I think with a good week of this weather pattern that's settling in conditions will only improve. Maybe not perfect but better than 2 weeks ago. I've got -10.6°F right now on the thermometer so we aren't losing any snow or ice here on Big V!

• Thumbs Up 1

BrianF

Thx for the report. Things were pretty bad when we were there two weeks ago. Wondering what to expect for this weekend. Sounds like it’s a little better, but not much. 

VermilionGold

Daisy Bay today was much better today than 2 weeks ago, most of the slush pockets have firmed up.  Still a few around and off trail travel is a little to rough.  The staked trail is in good shape.

jim curlee

36 degrees BELOW zero this morning, the ice is firming up. LOL

BrianF

Was sledding both on and off the staked trail yesterday.  Was COLD!!!  Happy to report that where we were (W side) most of the slush is frozen and not a problem. Traveled over a few pockets of watery slush, but they were small and easily managed.  Everything else is firm and crusted over. It’s minus 34 as I write this, so expect that any last remaining pockets of slush will be pretty firm  soon enough. 

BrianF

Wknd of Feb 9/10 we found no slush on the W end.  Snow on the lake is pretty deep and soft.  The staked trails are in good shape. 

• Thumbs Up 1