• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

leech~~

Anyone been out on Pelican yet?  If so how much Ice did you find and are there any pressure ridges coming off either side of Gooseberry yet?  Thanks.

AlwaysFishing23

Haven’t been out there yet this season but I’d imagine there 15”-17” same as everywhere else in the area. Plenty for your sled and porty😉

• Thumbs Up 1

CW03

Normally I could give you a good report by this time but unfortunately, have not been out there yet. I plan to be in that area this weekend. If I do get that far I will check it out and report.

• Thumbs Up 1

AlwaysFishing23

So being we don’t have school the next few days I was going trough and doing some cleaning. I found a bunch of old maps for different lakes and found Pelican. I was looking it over and thought you know that jones bay looks like a winter panfish hotspot. So I looked it up and sure enough it’s a spot guys fish in the winter for panfish. Can anyone assure this? Is the bite that much better than say Nelson bay? I know it’s late winter but I was just looking for a different body of water to try in the next month. 

leech~~

Dang 6"-8" more inches today is not going to help the slush out there!  May not be able to hit my spot this winter unless she freezes up hard again for a week! 😟

AlwaysFishing23

Yeah leech for sure! I think as long as you’ve got a decent sled with a decent track it should be alright. I found the slush ONLY to be north of gooseberry island and it was spotty. But definitely the slush isn’t going to get any better. 

• Wow 1

leech~~
On 1/16/2019 at 9:25 AM, leech~~ said:

Anyone been out on Pelican yet?  If so how much Ice did you find and are there any pressure ridges coming off either side of Gooseberry yet?  Thanks.

Bump!

Same question but add in slush as well. 

leech~~

What the heck, no one fishes the Brainerd area?  Throw me a ice report bone here.  Gull, Pelican, Northlong?  🙁

• Haha 1

Rick

Via @Hawg

Gull is in pretty good shape, didn’t get the first snow. Pelican spotty, it froze early. Lots of slush but Hardening up. That’s from a friend on the lake. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Randy  Kato
      By Randy Kato
      Hi there was just wondering If there is plans for a Cool cats get together this year Thanks Randy
    • JBMasterAngler
      By JBMasterAngler
      Anyone brave the snow and get out for the trout opener? Based on reports and pictures I seen, if you didn’t have a snowmobile, you weren’t getting anywhere away from the gunflint trail. 

Every time I see it snow in Grand Marais, I cringe. I’m planning on going up there in late March. It’s shaping up to be nothing but slush, slush, and more slush! 😖
    • Eyesniper
      By Eyesniper
      Has anyone been out to big swan recently? Curious how the ice is and if there are spots to avoid as I’ve not fished this lake before. Looking to target cats as my other lakes have been lacking this year. Don’t need other people’s spots just ice conditions. Would like to bring out my 3/4 ton and 17’ IC if possible. 
    • knoppers
      By knoppers
      2020 Current Fishing Reports - Click Here. Show us your pics. 

thought I should start this topic up for the up coming ice season. with the recent warm weather, it may be a another week or more for safe ice travel. please be safe out there.
    • Joe
      By Joe
      2020 Brainerd-Aitkin-McGregor Fishing Reports - Click Here. Show us your pics. 

Lot of nice fishing reports and lake information follow..

The top Brainerd area fishing guides are posting in this report as well.

Have fun and feel free to ask questions.

• klw
      By klw
      Current Brainerd Fishing Reports - Click Here.  Show us your pics. 

On Sunday I was able to enjoy some of the hot summer bite on Gull Lake. Just so happens that I has sharing my enjoyment with a local guide and his three customers. Me and my son in a three hour time period were able to catch and release about 35-40 walleyes. Of these 35-40 we caught 3 that were longer than 13". I was a little dissapointed to watch the boat next to me keep limits of these 10 and 11 inch walleyes. I understand the need to make clients happy but I sure hope that this is not the norm.
    • WalleyeSnob
      By WalleyeSnob
      Current Brainerd Fishing Reports - Click Here.  Show us your pics.

My parents are looking at buying a cabin on north long lake
      I have not heard a lot about the walleye fishing there. Do any of you guys fish this lake at all or know much about it??
      Also if you could rate the top 5 walleye lakes in the brainerd area for me.
      We are also looking on Gull and Pelican.
      Your help would be greatly appreciated
      thanks
    • ANYFISH2
      By ANYFISH2
      Current Brainerd Fishing Reports - Click Here. Show us your pics. 

Made it out last night for the first time.  Hit Shamineau for the evening bite.  Fished 21 ft water, about 15 yrds out from the milfoil edge.  Fish marked regularly from 4:15 till 6:30.  7 fish caught and probably 10 misses, first time out give me break!  Most of the walleyes were small with 2 14" fish put in the bucket.
      Minnows under a bobber with a plain hook or a white jig caught all the fish and bites.  Nothing on spoons.
       Ice conditions: we had a consistent 9" of very good ice on Shamineau.  Large houses are out on the far west side.

Lake Alex has fisherman on most of the community spots with four wheels being used.  On the east end ice is good ranging from 8 to a little of 11".

Have not been on Fish Trap, however, Action Dock Service has warned that there is an large open area on the west side of Big Island as of yesterday.

Please be aware that Alex, Shamineau and Crookneck have many aerators in use all around these lakes for shorline protection.  Be very aware of what is in front of you, especially at night.

Good luck.
    • GunDr
      By GunDr
      Current Brainerd Fishing Reports - Click Here. Show us your pics. 

Since I've found this site 4 yrs ago, I just don't remember anyone mentioning fishing Ole Miss. in this area.
      I do see a few ice shacks set up during the winter months just north of Brainerd, apparently panfishing.
      Are there crappies to be found, maybe some smallies?
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Current Brainerd Fishing Reports- Click Here.  Show us your pics. 

Here's how things are looking on the chain...

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• AlwaysFishing23
      Got out the last 2 afternoons and did ok, couple nice panfish iced with some good buds. Fun Times! Plenty of vehicles driving around but I'm still full on sledding everywhere for fun. We were able to fish through Saturdays gale with ease using the flip overs and using a good amount of snow for banking.
    • papadarv
      Time to eat a bit of crow. Del is most likely correct on android cell phone GPS after 2017. My Galaxy J 2017 build has the Glonass/GPS chip set, same 3 meter accurcy as my tablet. If you desire to know the type and accurcy of your android phone, install the GPSTest app from Play Store. It will show you what satellites your receiving and accuracy of your GPS. I don't have an iPhone so don't have info on iPhone Gps.  
    • leech~~
      Ha, I know it!  What the heck happen to yea in the last 9 years?  You didn't need anymore fishing spots! 😄
    • bucketmouth64
      Sold boat
    • smurfy
      Could be, I know it was a scout camp.
    • Bigfatbert
      I said above that’s the lake that smurfy said had a Boy Scout camp , but the more I thought about it it might have been a Girl Scout camp , I’m going back 35 or so years on my recollection. .
    • Chill62
      Tried big pine today. Plowed out north access. Got onto ice and snow was flowing nicely had speed then started loosing speed and the slush started coming over my plow. Backed up got hung up maybe 150 yards out. Hour half later I finally got myself free. Crossed a 3 inch wide crack and it was shooting up like a geyser. I was wet and cold from hip down. About 14 inches of slush. Got off the ice and called it a day. 
    • Chill62
      Tried big pine today. Plowed out north access. Got onto ice and snow was flowing nicely had speed then started loosing speed and the slush started coming over my plow. Backed up got hung up maybe 150 yards out. Hour half later I finally got myself free. Crossed a 3 inch wide crack and it was shooting up like a geyser. I was wet and cold from hip down. About 14 inches of slush. Got off the ice and called it a day. 
    • Bigfatbert
      That’s the lake !
    • Kettle
      I fished it once as a child probably 20 years ago and only picked up a few smallies fishing for walleye. It's ridiculously clear. I'm sure it has walleye in it but I definitely didn't catch any