• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The lakes around here are gonna get interesting with the dumping we're getting. Spent most of the day on my wheeler plowing and replowing.😛

leech~~

The only saver is that New Years day night is suppose to get down to about -14 below next week. Hope that will harden the snow-slush weight on the ice back up? 😟

Yes, Plowed the driveway twice today and will need to again in the morning. I'm hoping that the good solid ice we had before the storm will hold the weight okay and we get no slush

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

The only saver is that New Years day night is suppose to get down to about -14 below next week. Hope that will harden the snow-slush weight on the ice back up? 😟

actually i was thinkin of sneaking up there yet this weekend but the weather morjits says -23 below for new years nite. NAW i'll stay home and snuggle up with momma and my case of beer!!!!!;)

• Yayyyy 1

one of my coworkers, who lives just north of otenagen road on HWY 6 said they got a foot of snow and its currently blowing around!!!!!!! 

• Thumbs Up 1
5 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

I can vouch for that Smurf!!!

i'm fearful of what thats gonna do to our ability to get on the cabin lake. if that wind is outta the east...........were cooked!!!!!!!!!!😫😖

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• gimruis
      I have encountered this problem for years now.  I see all kinds of ducks on the city lakes I fish and then when duck season rolls around, they're STILL on the city lakes and there's virtually none to be found on the ponds I can hunt.
    • JerkinLips
      SkunkedAgain, I will be up early Friday so I will let you know.  Boat and motor (and full minnow bucket) are still in the lake from last week when water temps were 50F.
    • SkunkedAgain
      Yup, I started it. Seeing people post about water temps in the low 40s, and knowing that there will be a lot of cold temps this week....we may see the small bays freeze. I have a vested interest as I'd like to make it up next weekend, but have strong doubts that our small bay will be ice-free. Let's hear those reports as the lake begins to change.
    • Wanderer
      Rick posted a link on this too.  Scroll down a few topics for more info.
    • Wanderer
      One goose for me today.  The other one shrugged off the BBs and left it’s partner with me.   Hard to tell if a person should call or not.  I’ve turned birds both to me and away by calling.  Running a minimal spread.
    • JBMasterAngler
      DNR has a proposal to remove the dam on the Grindstone River, in Hinckley. The reservoir, which serves absolutely no purpose, is about 27 acres, and is nothing but mud and silt. I’m in favor of any and all dam removals! They’re taking comments via e-mail until November 12. If you want to write the DNR, subject e-mail “Grindstone EIS” to [email protected]
    • JBMasterAngler
      Best bet would be to troll tiny flashy spinners until you mark schools of fish. Then use winter tactics when you find them.
    • monstermoose78
    • Wanderer
      It’s an early fall this year. 
    • Hawkem9
      Hey guys,    Looking for some opinions from those of you who fish the lake consistently.  We take a fall trip every year and have been on the cass chain the last 5 years.  Planning on heading to Vermillion this year.  We have two dates in mind being either the 18-25 of Sept or the 9-16th of October.  Love to be somewhere in the middle but it wont work this year.  We will fish Smallies/wallys the majority of the time and planning to stay on the east side.  Would any of you suggest one of those times over the other?  I am seeing the current weather up that way and its making me a bit nervous about the later dates, but if the fishing is better by mid october will certainly risk some colder weather.  Thanks for any input!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.