• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

CigarGuy

Haven't had a post from Cliff in a few months!  Hope you're ok!

Darrell Larson

Played  cards with Cliff and Mrs Cliff about  a week ago. He probably still upset Mrs Cliff and I defeated him and my wife handily in cribbage.

CigarGuy
1 hour ago, Darrell Larson said:

Played  cards with Cliff and Mrs Cliff about  a week ago. He probably still upset Mrs Cliff and I defeated him and my wife handily in cribbage.

Maybe you need to let him win once in a while so he'll start to post some reports again😀 Thanks for the update.

LBerquist

Cliff has been out on the ice like always. He mentioned something about account login issues he is trying to get straightened out. I had the same question about his lack of reports. The fishing was pretty decent until recently, I think it's a combination of the weather and the amount of people out there that has hindered it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

portageguy

Cliff and Byron are planning a Kids ice fishing day February 12. The event is out of Fortune bay Marina 

9-1. The event is for Tower and Nett lake kids. I know Cliff is looking for a few helpers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Frank Boling 41
  • Seems like Cliff has been MIA on these boards for a long time!

Wanderer
4 minutes ago, Frank Boling 41 said:
  • Seems like Cliff has been MIA on these boards for a long time!

You got that right!  I don’t fish Vermillion but have always liked reading the posts.  Log in issues or not, I hope he decides to get back in the swing of things here.

Again, not a big V fisherman but I’m gonna check my calendar for the weekend of the kids event and maybe throw my hat in to help if I can.  I can at least get some lines wet if pointed in the right direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sculpin

Cliff is one of the most forthcoming, informative, and honest posters on this board. Hope he jumps back on soon. He is missed..

• Thumbs Up 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• DonkeyHodey
      I don't want nobody "breaking the seal" in my lake--use your empty Mountain Dew bottle  🤔 (But seriously, I hope the DNR isn't so blinded by the AIS lingo in proposal that they don't seen how blatantly and dramatically it will decrease access...   Furthermore, I can't believe every lake-association isn't watching this intently;  ready to file their own versions as soon as they see what the outcome is...)
    • delcecchi
      You get the seal and drive away.   Who will break the seal at minnetonka or Mille Lacs or White Bear or Osakis or whatever?   This is the first I heard of this seal business.  I would certainly be interested in how it is supposed to work.      I can imagine how something like this would possibly work but it would need to be a statewide thing, or even multi state.      Right now, I go to the cleaning station and get inspected and get the seal.    Sometime later I show up at an access and they look at my seal to see if I am allowed to launch.   Is that how it works?    Does the seal have a timestamp?   Is the seal where my boat connects to the trailer, so launching boat automatically breaks it?   Somebody has to break it?     So many questions.... And it isn't even a lake where I go....    
    • dnovak
      ^^ thats what i thought.  Just needed confirmation.  Here is a picture looking East from Nelson landing Monday 3-25 (Not my picture, stolen from Facebook) Shouldn't be too long now.  It seems to always hang up on the final stretch haha!
    • ANYFISH2
      Sort of!!?   Spring hockey practice starts April 8th.  5-6 practices for the month only.  BUT, ...April means the start of Travel and JVL baseball as well.     It is turkey season(scouting anyway),  I can work around athletics!
    • Wanderer
      I wouldn’t turn it down.  That and another burger stop. 😋     Is hockey done now?
    • ANYFISH2
      The water rushing at the falls in Big falls is a yearly occurrence.  No big alarm this time of year.  Big falls is a long ways from the Rainy.   Now, the if the ice capped river builds a up ton of pressure and it has a sudden blowout, that will certainly change things.  The temps forecasted are working in our favor, a nice slow/normal melt.   The Big fork seems to have a lesser impact than the Little Fork.  We should be ok for a couple weeks I HOPE!
    • ANYFISH2
      Heard one can see open water from the Nelson (Birchdale) access this afternoon. It is getting close.
    • ANYFISH2
      Gotcha. If you need a scout out this way,  just let me know.   Spotted 6 more this afternoon right near the house.  They usually dont show hear till mid season.
    • Wanderer
      Last year’s spot will likely be my fall back spot, along with maybe checking in at that other place you mentioned before.  The good news is I just heard today the birds appear to be doing well at last year’s spot.   The “new” spot is a property that we seem to have “limited” permission on.
    • ozzie
      one would think the river might be a little tough to fish this time of the year with the current flood situations and raised water levels along the river.