• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Cyrus83

Where Ya Headin'?

Cyrus83

Well its Friday and the forecast looks fantastic for a weekend of hole hopping. Me and the 96' Pantera are heading up North of Duluth in search of walleyes. Where is everyone heading, what's the target, and how much ice are you seeing? 

9f9bece8-be29-4fc7-841a-375302c1b212.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

AlwaysFishing23

I’m loading up the wheeler in the morning. I’ll throw the otter in the truck and planning on slaying the perch, gills, crappies and maybe pike. Should be a good day to test out the new auger mounts for the ATV. Planning to stay Mobil for a few hours then setup the hub and be comfortable. I’ve fished the lake I’m going to a few times this year already and have done well. Last time out there we had abou 7-1/4” ice so last I hear there was 10-11”. So should be plenty good for atv traffic as there’s zero snow on most lakes anymore.

Wanderer

Had a plan to get out today with a good partner but he came down sick.  Still keeping the day off from work and catching up on gear maintenance and get a couple new set ups going.  Will get out this afternoon to check one of two lakes that were on my hit list last year I never made it to.  Tomorrow I might connect with a buddy in the Aitkin area.

Good luck All. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

AlwaysFishing23
Just now, Wanderer said:

Had a plan to get out today with a good partner but he came down sick.

That sounds like me. All week I’ve been slowly dragging along, felling terrible. But I go fishing no matter how I feel. 

monstermoose78

I am going to check some local lakes today 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cret Jigs

Got to work the weekend ... good luck guys!!  Will be checking in to see what these fish look like 😉

Parmer

Up on mille lacs isle bay. 13.5 inches of ice and half ton trucks out here. Fishing is slow. 1 Walleye last night at 845. Moving the house deeper today. 

Wanderer

In Aitkin now; getting a slow start this morning.  No problem there, it’s a day bite for the most part.

Yesterday I checked one of those two hit list lakes.  Evening into the dark.  I only picked up 2 perch, 1 gill and had one 30 inch pike to the hole 4 times before it came off when I got more aggressive to turn his head into the hole.  I started in 24 feet and worked up to 15 before connecting with anything.

What a fight though. Using a 28 inch pannie rod, 2 lb test on a 13 Descent, fishing size 16 jig and plastic.  After hooking into it and the first head shakes were done it just sat there.  I couldn’t move it for a while but could feel it finning around.  I thought, what the heck!  Did I just hook a beaver?!

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

MPinther

I might try Island this afternoon.  I heard there is a significant ice ridge this year.  

AlwaysFishing23

It was a tough bite yesterday. Ended with a lot of small gills and perch but did land a nice 9-3/4” gill. I’ve been doing well on big gills so far this season. That was about the best of my day the rest went down hill from there. Thinking I might try to redeem my self and give it another try this afternoon. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• chaffmj
      I bought a Striker snowmobile jacket and bibs at the Red Rock store up the Fernberg about 8 years ago. Really like them!
    • monstermoose78
      I am trying to decide where to go fishing Sunday night?
    • VermilionGold
      Daisy Bay today was much better today than 2 weeks ago, most of the slush pockets have firmed up.  Still a few around and off trail travel is a little to rough.  The staked trail is in good shape.
    • Bryan P
      lol... after re looking at those times ya the bobber had went under. Could of been the biggins. Nice eye   I was busy with the jig didnt really even look over. Glad you enoyed the video.  Felt good to finally get into a pile of fish. Hoping I can do that again. 
    • Dragon Fish ll
      Thanks for the report good to know
    • TomWehler
      Just 4 fun. Max Power is growing large n fast an ever so handsome, at just five months now weights in at 52 LB. Digs hanging with me all day in side or out. Ice fishen, truck rides in woods an just doing guy stuff. Really likes lil ice rink an learning how to be my left wing n take out a D Man. Fred Fred Bear enjoys his company 24/7 and true brother type pals. They are really tight as Fred Fred is a non stop wrestling foe and is teaching him the good an bad things he needs to know here Musky Acres to be a true Marauder. Be a fun spring when ice splits to introduce Max to the lake n island, boats, fishen an 4 sure dock jumping!!.   Mmmmm cooking Ribs, Chicken, made slaw, baked beans and cornbread for lil ice hackey tonight down the pond. Hounds agree with menu an everyone will grease out on the pak~ons an have fun. BURP! I always wanted to be Bobby Orr, my mind was willing but my A$$ never followed. At 63, legs need bit longer to adjust to what my mind is telling them to do, but its all fun.   Keep on rocken!   T              
    • Dusty
      I was out on the north end at the park last weekend. The ice was 15" measured. I drove out but the ice is heaved on the ramp itself making it difficult to get over. Even with a 4 wheel drive pickup I bottomed out. Panfishing  was Ok, kept a dozen of sunnies and crappies mixed.
    • hayseed
      I ended up buying from Dennis Kirk. Likely will have to go by measurements though as I doubt the stock number will be found. 
    • BriGuy88
      My first suit was the Arctic Armor camo combo.  Loved the soft touch outer surface and the bibs were warm, but a little bulky.  Ended up really not liking the coat because it didn't have any options for ventilation under the arms or across the back.  I run hot and it didn't take much for me to sweat with that jacket and then end up being cold.    I sold that suit and made the switch to a Striker Climate coat and Hardwater bibs.  They've been fantastic.  Bibs are more comfortable and less bulky that the Arctic Armor bibs were.  Climate coat is a double win for me.  I wear the liner jacket most of the winter season as my daily winter coat.  The Climate shell has options for ventilation and has always been plenty warm enough for me without the liner as long as I properly layer for the temps.    Found a smoking deal on some camo pattern Striker bibs at the sport shop in Maple Lake this year that had less insulation that the Hardwater bibs, so I now have 2 options on bibs depending on temps.  Many of my friends and neighbors also took advantage of the sale in Maple Lake.  They might still have some options there, so could be worth a call.
    • Wanderer
      @ mistermojo   I doubt you can go wrong with any of the bigger name float suits out there.  They’ve come a long way since the first models hit the market.   Personally I’ve been extremely happy with anything Striker has put out.  The suits, hats, gloves, face masks, you name it.  All of their items are well thought out and very well constructed.  Pretty much everyone I know has gone to Striker for their first suits and have all been happy.