• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Parmer

Brandts Ice Fishing

Parmer

I hear he is letting ice castles out with an atv to a mile and a quarter reef. Two questions. How steep is the access there? And will I be able to make it up with an atv and 8x16 ice castle?

capt_ron

Brandt's access is somewhat steep although if there isn't snow or ice on it you should be able to get up it if you get a little "run" at it. Ice out front was a little bumpy but smooth after that last weekend. An 8x16 is a little hefty unless you have a heavy ATV. Worst case, unhitch the house and back the truck down.

Parmer

K thanks. I just have a rubicon 500. Have chains. Pulls house good just havnt tried anything steep

Sculpin

If Jerry is there, I'm sure he would also be happy to give you an assist with a jeep, or what ever stripped down rig he has on the lake. He keeps things moving along pretty well.

Good luck if you get out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      Sheez it's quiet here. 🙄 any ice reports. Cabin lake had about 4 inches in front of our cabin. We had to chop that much around the dock to get that out.   Our group went  3 fer 5 deer hunting. Going back up for the last weekend.
    • birdswacker
      Wow that’s a dandy!!!
    • smurfy
      I can't believe the ice is that thick on the shoe already. There was open water on the spunk lake off 94 in Avon on Friday afternoon 
    • eyeguy 54
      I was busy this last week butchering and killing but thx for the tips on those spots!
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I was able to get out for a bit today. Lake had good ice (5-6”) and was able to ice a few nice gills. I did get to drill about 20 holes with the drill/auger setup. Wow is all I can say. Butter smooth and FAST! Very nice, 20 holes and never dropped the battery down one bar. Just pull the trigger and go, no gas no pulling no mess. But I did have a lot of torque to deal with like I expected. The drill did great so I’m going to invest in the clam drill plate and a 6” lazer auger. I have the 8” lazer now so I should have a lot less torque and more holes per charge. As far I know from reading and YouTube the lazer auger (Hand auger) should bolt right on the plate without any other needed adapters? 
    • Horseshoe_Don
      got home tonight from deer hunting and decided to check the ice.    I had trouble finding a spot to get on the ice since  it has pulled away for the shoreline.    Once I got out on the ice I found 5" of clear solid ice out as far as 100 yards.   Don   
    • MJ1657
      Hopefully get the antlers back from the taxidermist tomorrow so we can score them. Should be 150+
    • Wanderer
      I think most of them moved on with the full moon last week.  I hear SE MN is still good I.e. Lake Pepin.  Reports from Mille Lacs/Leech/Winnie have been quiet.  I know some people that have been looking.  Haven’t had much of report from western MN for a week.  
    • monstermoose78
    • Borch
      No. No, No....   It's the shallow rock pile off the.inside corner of the old river channel.     Jeez....