• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Kettle

Gloves

Kettle

I did some searching in past topics and really was not able to find any information on this specific question on gloves.  Looking for suggestions for an ice fishing glove that is warm, waterproof and still allows for some dexterity.  I have a pair or insulated gortex decoy gloves but when it gets really cold these don't do the trick.  I typically set up the hub house and just use it as a warming house and hole hop even into sub zero temps.  I had some medical treatment in the past that has left me with peripheral vasoconstriction and hence cold hands in even moderate temps.  I realize I may be spending up to 75$ on a pair that meets these specifications but to keep fishing enjoyable I want warm hands.  Any input would be great!

Kettle

Mike89

good luck!!

Vitreus

Simms makes insulated waterproof neoprene gloves for steelhead fishing. I don't personally own these, but I have Simms waders and other stuff for fly fishing - they make excellent gear.

If you have peripheral vascular problems though, these might not cut it for warmth and you may have to sacrifice some dexterity. In that case, you could do what I do and get some wool fingerless and a nice pair of choppers/striker/ice armor mits that you use as needed when things get really cold (size up so you can stick your hands in with the wool on).

Good luck.

blob.png.e40fdf846fbdb1c24f4c8f35c7633587.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Tom7227

I take atenelol Chlorosomething for blood pressure control.  I told my doc that I was having a burning sensation when outdoors in the winter and that no gloves seems to solve it.  He told me to cut the 50 mg pills in half and see if it helped.  It does.  Might want to check with your doc and see if something like that can help you in the winter.

• Thumbs Up 1

PRO-V

I have some Columbia battery heated waterproof gloves that take the edge off but they are about $150.

Mike89
2 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

I have some Columbia battery heated waterproof gloves that take the edge off but they are about $150.

'

that's what i did in the end....

Wanderer

Yah, that’s a tough situation @Kettle.  Neoprene are pretty much the trend but they still aren’t magic.  I bought a pair of diving gloves and they’re much better than any standard fishing glove.  

I bet those Simms are nice.

Try to find a pair that fits well but aren’t too snug, and possibly have a breathable back.  

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
9 hours ago, Kettle said:

Looking for suggestions for an ice fishing glove that is warm, waterproof and still allows for some dexterity. 

Kettle

You may get two of these warm and waterproof, or waterproof and dexterity but you may be hard press to get all three as dexterity is hard to get with the other two in a glove.  The best I have been able to do is some Duck hunting gloves which aren't cheap. 

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

I go bare hands

Bucketcastle

Get a set of choppers to put over your nice gloves.  I throw choppers over my regular gloves when the bite gets slow.  Works like a charm.

03511719294_F.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Wanderer

Striker Attack gloves look to be worth a try!  Just saw them at FF tonight - $45 if I remember correctly.

Seemed to be just the ticket; waterproof, breathable, insulated but not too much that you can’t operate.  I usually wear a large but I think an XL would be the right choice for me in that glove.

Really thought about giving them a go.  Still might!

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

AlwaysFishing23

This will be third year using the ice armor gloves, first year I used a pair of extreme mitts. They were nice and warm but hard to do any thing with them on. 2 years ago I recived a pair of extreme gloves and those are much better. Not as warm but a lot more movable and I can fish with them on. Last year I recived a pair of edge gloves. Those are really nice to, warm and I can easily fish with them on. I like having two pairs one I’m wearing and the other as backup. 

• Thumbs Up 1

wahoo

I use the Clam Ice Armor--the ones for about $69.  Not great for dexterity but the warmest I have found.  Get a good muff like Cabelas sells with thinsulite and puta few hand warmers inside.  Work well and keep hands moderately dry.

Or, get goretex/thinsulite mists and put a hand warmer in each one.  They slide off easily.  

Haven't tried electric.  

• Thumbs Up 2

FowlSki

Sitka pantanal gloves.  I fish outside in very cold temps with them regularly and they are great.   I have raynaud’s so my hands have very poor circulation.  Not cheap but worth it IMO.   If my hands get cold in those it’s because I’m catching a bunch of fish and need to take them off to unhook lots of fish.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1