• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

OutdoorMN News - DNR to host employment event for military veterans

Rick

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is hosting its second annual Veteran Employment Information Event on Tuesday, Jan. 8 in St. Paul. Many veterans want to work in a natural resources environment, and many military skills translate into DNR positions.  

-7-300x232.“If you’ve served in the military, you probably have a lot of experience in many of our professional areas,” said Don Matthys, DNR management resources regional supervisor and U.S. Army retired.

At the event, veterans will have the opportunity to talk to DNR staff, including those who work in the areas of fisheries and wildlife, information technology, GIS and mapping, forestry, enforcement, engineering, and more. It’s a chance to find out from those who work it every day about the different job responsibilities, education requirements, and how military work experience translates.

Attendees will have the option to meet with current DNR employees who are also military veterans, and learn resume tips for translating military skills and experience to better match position qualifications.

Human resources staff will provide information on how to apply for DNR jobs, set up job searches, and receive job posting notifications.

Veterans will also be on hand to answer questions about how to successfully juggle military – civilian commitments. Information on DNR veteran support resources will also be available.

“I can’t imagine a more military friendly employer,” said John Peterson, DNR emergency manager who is serving in the MN National Guard. “The DNR has always been incredibly supportive of my service in the National Guard.”

This event is free and will be held at the DNR Headquarters, 500 Lafayette Road N., St. Paul, MN 55101. Space is limited and registration is required. Register for a time slot between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Go to: tinyurl.com/dnrvets2019.

Veterans will receive a welcome packet with additional information when registration is confirmed.

Similar veteran employment informational events will be held in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, and Mankato in early 2019.

The DNR is Yellow Ribbon Company – a veteran friendly employer.

Discuss below - to view set the hook here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Spearing Machine
      This thread sure is good for some laughs. Wondering if ANY of you posters have worked or currently work at a resort? You realize there are costs associated with running the place...dozens of employees to pay, fuel, fish house maintenance, insurance, taxes, resort expenses (electric, heat, cable tv, ect) the list is endless. If you haven't noticed things aren't free anymore. I recently was up at LOTW and was blown away by the looks of these resorts. For the extravagant prices you all speak of it sure isn't reflected in the cabins, lodges, houses. If they had money flowing from their ears I would sure think they would make these places look nicer.  Have any of you read the original post? You're speaking about prices from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! Dude, we're in 2018/19. You're probably all the same people that grumble about a measly 2 dollar fishing license increase!  Cracks me up now days people will spend thousands on new equipment every single year (new electric augers, flashers, truck, utv, fish house) and those same folks will try to cheap out on a road pass or bait or whatever it is. I work my tail off for everything I have, I have worked in the resort industry and have held a second job for nearly 5 years (solely to support my fishing passion).  With that, it's time to get ready to hit the ice again! Tight lines!
    • Mike89
      I like 12 inches of ice myself..  but your call...
    • Borch
      All of the lakes on the chain have good numbers of cats.  Some are easier to access early ice with a shorter walk for those without a wheeler or snowmobile. 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I’m sure your probably ok. But those resorts that let those through are taking a risk as they want those who use there accesses money. Kind of up to you at this point. 
    • Borch
      I heard 6-8" but like Rick said a big breaker between the points and watch for thin ice as there were some spots that froze up late in the middle.
    • smurfy
      whats wrong with right here???????????
    • GoGators
      Thanks Getanet. 
    • GoGators
      Sounds like a forgetful day on Big Marine last Saturday. You didn't happen to pick up an LX5 while you were gathering cast-offs did you?
    • KLJ
      MY SON GOES TO COLLEGE IN MANKATO WAS FISHING ON LAKE WASHINGTON ON SUNDAY AND LOST HIS VEXLAR FL8 PROPACK MODEL EITHER FELL OUT OF HIS SLED OR HE LEFT IT ON THE ICE   IF FOUND PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected]
    • Parmer
      I was just thinking since resorts on red were letting people do it on 10 a couple weeks ago it would be good to go.