• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Rick

Your Favorite Crappie Fishing Lakes In MN

Rick

and Why...

I like Elephant Lake well north of Duluth because the huge unfished schools of crappies with little pressure.

Lake of the woods because it can by dynamite for huge slabs, especially in Canada north of Flag Island.

French Lake in southern MN, even though it's heavily pressured many miss out on the rare gems because they stick with the crowds and fall to adjust there technique. It's not unusual for a stealthy angler to pull in 12" to 14" crappies. Most do not. It's he challenge.

Another sneaky good spot is Cutfoot Sioux and dont be surprised when the bull fills blow up.

Mille Lacs used to be good for some giants  in the SE part of the lake. Theyre6still there but the numbers as ne size are down.

For sheer numbers and healthy size, Island Lake, west of Bemidji can be a blast.

What are some of you're favorite crappies fishing lakes in MN.

DoubleLiver

Pelican at Orr can be awesome at the right time.  If the is very little wind sometimes you can find them sharking and catch them a foot under your bobber.  

• Thumbs Up 1

JBMasterAngler

All my favorites are a secret!

Rick
44 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

All my favorites are a secret!

I highly doubt that. You may not want to share your favorite lakes and that's fine. Fear is a funny thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

yoppdk

Portage near Cass can give up some great craps. Same with Leech. It seems lakes that have good Muskie populations also have good crappie populations - probably something to do with habitat.

But with the cyclical nature of crappies, it can be difficult to develop a favorite that doesn’t “crap out” a couple years after being great. So it seems I’m continually in search mode. I guess my favorite is wherever I can catch ‘em.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

monstermoose78

Birch lake by Babbitt, Mississippi River, and Mille Lacs Lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

ZachD

Platte, Anne battle, Osakis, Devils near Brandon 

• Thumbs Up 1

Kettle

Bowstring, not for the size or numbers but the color. Those fish are black and gold/yellow. Most vibrant color crappies I've seen. Guessing it has something to do with water clarity

• Thumbs Up 1

Cyrus83

So many lakes, so little time. I love the iron range lakes. always the chance at finding a school of slabs, and that great black and gold color.

224.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

BobT
On 12/7/2018 at 2:53 PM, Cyrus83 said:

So many lakes, so little time. I love the iron range lakes. always the chance at finding a school of slabs, and that great black and gold color.

224.JPG

Name, lure type, color, time, gps location,....? 😁

• Confused 1

Cyrus83
2 hours ago, BobT said:

Name, lure type, color, time, gps location,....? 😁

Hmmmm, Moore lake, daredevil, black and white, high noon, 

45.075657,-93.244636

😜

• Haha 1