• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Natew48

Any word on lakes around mankato?

walros

Try Lake Henry for walleyes

Robo Haas

Henry has shut off

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Well I have fished with enough guys to see a custom rod is worth it, so I got one of my own now. I know they are spendy but so are the mass produced ones. I ordered a Kichler Custom Rod I got a black ice that is ready to handle the light jigs I use. I might change the jig I put on it but gold is @eyeguy 54 go too and he can put some fish on the ice. From what seen this custom rod is much more sensitive than my snitch, so I will report back once I hit the ice.

• Rob Wilson Sr.
      By Rob Wilson Sr.
      FOR SALE
      2017 custom built "Skate Shack"
      19 feet long by 8 feet wide, a prize from the Minnesota Wild. Originally intended as a portable warming house/skate shack, It would not take much to convert into an ice house. Built on a drop down trailer frame
      Includes
      Electronic fireplace with remote
      (The lighting and fire change colors)
      42" television
      Sound bar
      Granite counter tops
      LED red and green pulse party lighting
      Minnesota wild branding throughout.  
      EDCO Arrowline Shake steel roofing
      Range Red Royal Celect premium vinyl siding.
      Interior cedar tongue-and-groove siding
      Torched cedar cabinetry and leather seats. 
      Convert it to a fish house, have it as a warming house or maybe the ultimate back yard man cave escape.  
      asking $15,000 or best offer.  PM for further details.  Currently it is sitting in Savage, MN.

I have more images if you would like to see.

[email protected]

• Jake Zeleznikar
      By Jake Zeleznikar
      I'm looking into insurance options for an Ice House and wondering what advice or recommendations anyone has on the best type of coverage. Also, if I want to be able to rent out my ice house when I'm not using it but not as an "outfitter" or "guide" would that be something that typical coverage wouldn't cover if a profit is being made since I wouldn't have the coverage that a company running as an outfitter would have? (Such as how normal car insurance doesn't cover an Uber driver when they are logged into the app and giving someone a ride because they are consequently on the road more often and making a profit.) Any and all information or recommendations would be extremely helpful!
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A few friends and I decided to try our hand at something we've never done before - targeting Channel Catfish through the ice. This definitely proved to be a bit of a challenge and took me out of my comfort zone. After getting a few bites and fish up the hole we started to figure out a method that worked for us. I don't feel like it's the most productive way to catch these fish but it worked out for us that day. At the end of the day everyone in our group caught quite a few fish, had their rods doubled over and left with smiles on our faces. These fish put up a heck of a fight on Walleye gear! I will definitely try to get back up there this season.

• LaMarr Uhuru
      By LaMarr Uhuru
      So I'm fishing white bear lake tomorrow in 7deagree weather.
        I'l be there around 520am  
      LOOKING FOR WALLEYES CRAPPIES N PEARCH TO KEEP. WHERE IS AH GOOD SPOT TO START FISHING.   can anyone lead me somewhere goodg
    • Pat McGraw
      By Pat McGraw
      Anyone know of a good ice fishing lake near vermilion? Perhaps something with a hot panfish bite.
    • UncleKes
      By UncleKes
      I used to fish a small lake just north of Malmo on Milla Lacs at a town called Glen.  The Lake was called Clear Lake.  I have not fished it in quite some time and wondered if anyone has any information on it.  (Ice conditions, whats biting, etc.)
      I moved to St. Cloud a few years ago but thought it might be nice to ice fish the lake this winter.  I used to catch some nice stringers of perch, crappies, and sunfish.  
      Can anyone tell me if they are still selling bait at the Gas Station/RestaurantStore at Malmo?
      Any info would be appreciated.
      Uncle Kes
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter!

• Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got on a small lake in the Bemidji area to chase after some BIG panfish. Snowstorm came through and made them finicky but managed to pull couple topside for a pic. 5mm Tungsten jig tipped with a Trigger X mustache worm did the trick! Probably my favorite fish to catch in the winter

• Rick
      By Rick
      Minnesota Ice Fishing Reports by Area - Share you ice fishing stories here...Click it to set the hook!!!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Paradice
      Poor people shouldn't be going to RESORTS.   That's what makes them poor people.  They should be fishing the free waters near their home.  If it sucks, they should do something about it, whether that is lobby the government to have someone else pay to fix it, or earn some extra cash and go somewhere that has fish.     I grew up broke, and didn't like it.  So as soon as I could drive, I worked my tail to the bone and changed my situation.  I didn't go on my first "resort" quality fishing trip until I was 25. 
    • Savage Brewer
      The forums used to be cool 5-10 years ago and people shared some, but yeah the last few years they have almost died when it comes to regional and lake information.  Even sharing information at the bait shop or tackle store has pretty much become taboo, its too bad sometimes as that was a good way to meet new people back in the day.    This 40 degree weather and sunny this weekend will probably wreck any chance of good ice soon.  Not happy about that to be honest.
    • slammer
      Thanks for sharing.  NIce maps to look at and compare with others.
    • papadarv
      I have one still works only missing battery. Using Batt on other electronics. I live near Forest Lake. PM me if your interested.   Added to post I think your from East Tawas Mich. May be a bit of a challenge getting it to you if interested...
    • Borch
      Stay tuned...
    • PRO-V
      Say what you will but since ice fishing took off over 20 years ago several resort operators I know on Lotw have made out like bandits. Their business has almost quadrupled using the same cabins and adding some fish houses. I'm fully aware of what it takes to run these places.
    • JerkinLips
      I have 5 Wild Game trail cameras and have had very good luck with them.  For the lower price they are a decent option.  I also have a Moultrie, Hunten, Wildview, Primos, and Bushnell.  My first 3 cameras ran on C-size batteries which were very expensive, so I replaced them with AA-battery cameras.
    • Wanderer
      Copied from the other side but still, congrats. 😊   10 years is a notable anniversary.  Congrats!    I was checking to see how many I recognized.  A fair amount.  Then I saw you did catch me. 
    • mrpike1973
      Just wondering if this may happen this year again?
    • leech~~