• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jiffy Auger, Clutch Spring Replacement

Big-Al

Question

I know there are some auger experts on board here.  I have a broken clutch spring in my Model 34-SS.  I see that Jiffy only sells the assembly for $60 or more when all I need is a coouple dollar spring.  Anyone able to find a replacement spring.  I have searched at L&M and some auto parts store with no luck.  Anyone have any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

Is it a reliabilvly older unit? If so maybe try EBay or a salvage place and see if they have any old junkers lying around. I see it this way. If nothing else you spend $60 or more on a new part but if it’s a older auger you may be better off just getting a new unit. But if you like it that $60 may be worth it 

Reliable enoigh thati had no desire to spend $350-$400 on a replacement.  Was able to find solutionsat a local small engine shop and gotthe old jiffy back in the game. 

• Thumbs Up 2