• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will not name the lake, as to not encourage anyone to do this.

But seen this today while working.

20181130_152024.thumb.jpg.2c9776b6a9925aaffdce3df2f59fd182.jpg

Please Be Careful out on the ice guys and gals!

• Confused 2
  • Wow, ❤ 1
Tom Sawyer

This year has been ideal for making ice,,,still don't be stupid and not check what your on. Strong ice there....

• Thumbs Up 1
Wanderer

That ice MIGHT be better than we think it possibly could be, but I pucker up looking at that pic too!

Thats all I have to say about that...

• Thumbs Up 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      Looking at a few webcams, we are getting closer to ice-up:    
    • Coleman
      I'm assuming they were panfish beds.  Just seems like such a random spot.  Wish I had an underwater camera with me, I would have checked them out when I first saw them.  
    • IceHawk
      Coleman were they panfish beds? Many times they will still be there the following year if not washed away. 
    • IceHawk
      Eboni labrador retrievers was the kennel. Heard nothing but good things about smith farm labradors
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  As we approach Thanksgiving, thin ice covers back bays and a portion of the big lake, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay.   Roughly half of the lake is covered in ice with the rest open water.  Ice anglers are hoping for cold nights combined with low wind and no snow to create a good early sheet of ice.  Every year is different based on Mother Nature of course, but normally resorts will be able to get their smaller fish houses, called day houses, out around December 10th.  When the ice thickens, resorts will begin marking trails where there is the best ice.  Stay tuned... On the Rainy River...   The river is covered in most places with a layer of thin ice.  Most ice fishing is done on the main lake during the ice season where there isn't current.  With current in the river, most visitors will work through a resort for safety. Up at the NW Angle...  The Angle has a mix of iced over areas with open water in neck down areas.  The ice is forming nicely and the hopes are for colder weather to keep things moving along positively.  Resorts are ready for ice fishing!  A complete list of lodging and ice fishing packages available at www.fishingminnesota.com/Lodging
    • opsirc
      Has anyone been out to check ice on any lakes in area. Heard there was 2-3 inches on strand. 
    • Coleman
      Just as a note, I got on the chain Saturday around noon.  Main lakes had a skim of ice, 1/2", shallow bodies(East lake) look like the ice was actually walkable, please don't take my word for that though.     Anyways, water temps were 34*.  I didn't fish much at all, just broke up enough ice to get some new data for mapping.  I did mark quiet a few fish, which is a plus.     On another note, has anyone else noticed the large group(15-20) of beds on Horseshoe just north of the meth hole, about 8-9FOW?  I noticed these this spring, and they're still there.  Thought it was kind of interesting they'd still be there even after all the boat traffic this year.  
    • Wanderer
      Sounds like a fantastic fall!!
    • gimruis
      Smith Farms Labradors?  My 8 year old British yellow lab is from that breeder in Grove City.
    • h8go4s
      In New Mexico? Not much. In Minnesota? A little more. Wheel boat, I assume for a 50 HP on a 15' boat. Bench seats? Does the outboard run? What's wrong with the lower unit? Does the steering work? Does the throttle work? Is there a trailer?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.