• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Coleman

Island Lake Fishing Reports and Ice Conditions

Coleman

Hello, I was out scoping out some new water yesterday, and stumbled on Island Lake, west of St. Joe.  

I read online that there's supposed to be a "landing/access", does anyone know where it is.  Also, I saw you could access it in the winter on the east side of the lake, but they have no parking along the road.  Anyone have an idea where you can park?  

Thanks

MinnowBuckets

I ran into the same problem when I wanted to fish this lake a couple of years ago. Read on the DNR lake finder page that there was some sort of access but was never able to find it from the road. 

Rick G

There is no access to Island as far as I know.  We always parked way the heck down the road, past the signs, then walked in.  A few nice crappies, good size green and pumpkin seed sunfish. Gills, bass and northerns tend to be small... tons of tiny perch too.

eyeguy 54

Fished it 2 times with the yak last summer. We dropped stuff off at the east side then drove back up and parked by stop sign. Probably will work now till too much snow piled up from snowplows. Some big hybrids and seeds and greens in there as rick mentioned. Friend likes to cast for northern and he has caught a few dandies. 

Coleman

Thanks fellas, I figured I would give it a shot one of these lazy afternoons.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ZachD
      10 inches between the islands on west rush when I was there last sunday   Lake shakopee  in onamia had around 10 over a week ago I imagine it has a foot by now

That is about all I know
    • Paradice
      Poor people shouldn't be going to RESORTS.   That's what makes them poor people.  They should be fishing the free waters near their home.  If it sucks, they should do something about it, whether that is lobby the government to have someone else pay to fix it, or earn some extra cash and go somewhere that has fish.     I grew up broke, and didn't like it.  So as soon as I could drive, I worked my tail to the bone and changed my situation.  I didn't go on my first "resort" quality fishing trip until I was 25. 
    • Savage Brewer
      The forums used to be cool 5-10 years ago and people shared some, but yeah the last few years they have almost died when it comes to regional and lake information.  Even sharing information at the bait shop or tackle store has pretty much become taboo, its too bad sometimes as that was a good way to meet new people back in the day.    This 40 degree weather and sunny this weekend will probably wreck any chance of good ice soon.  Not happy about that to be honest.
    • slammer
      Thanks for sharing.  NIce maps to look at and compare with others.
    • papadarv
      I have one still works only missing battery. Using Batt on other electronics. I live near Forest Lake. PM me if your interested.   Added to post I think your from East Tawas Mich. May be a bit of a challenge getting it to you if interested...
    • Borch
      Stay tuned...
    • PRO-V
      Say what you will but since ice fishing took off over 20 years ago several resort operators I know on Lotw have made out like bandits. Their business has almost quadrupled using the same cabins and adding some fish houses. I'm fully aware of what it takes to run these places.
    • JerkinLips
      I have 5 Wild Game trail cameras and have had very good luck with them.  For the lower price they are a decent option.  I also have a Moultrie, Hunten, Wildview, Primos, and Bushnell.  My first 3 cameras ran on C-size batteries which were very expensive, so I replaced them with AA-battery cameras.
    • Wanderer
      Copied from the other side but still, congrats. 😊   10 years is a notable anniversary.  Congrats!    I was checking to see how many I recognized.  A fair amount.  Then I saw you did catch me. 
    • mrpike1973
      Just wondering if this may happen this year again?