• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's time to liven up this forum and get something started.  Anyone been out checking ice depth or fishing?  It's been too quiet for a long time now...

Edited by Knowknot
  • Thumbs Up 1

Say I have to say I kind of feel like a jurk!!! I will sit back and troll what is going on but not really say anything.... But that being said we have all seen what happens when someone will post a good bite and watch out the flood gates open up... yes down hear in the southern part of the state not like we have huge lakes so a lot of us are pretty gun shy on what to say... Anyhow I was out on a lake down in the fairmont area just before thanksgiving and drilled a hole and had 3 1/2 inches, now since then we have gotten a warm up and rain then this past weekend we got anywhere from 9-11... So just saying may be sometime before we get out....

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The forums used to be cool 5-10 years ago and people shared some, but yeah the last few years they have almost died when it comes to regional and lake information.  Even sharing information at the bait shop or tackle store has pretty much become taboo, its too bad sometimes as that was a good way to meet new people back in the day. 

This 40 degree weather and sunny this weekend will probably wreck any chance of good ice soon.  Not happy about that to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 inches between the islands on west rush when I was there last sunday

Lake shakopee  in onamia had around 10 over a week ago I imagine it has a foot by now

That is about all I know

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
4 hours ago, ZachD said:

10 inches between the islands on west rush when I was there last sunday

Lake shakopee  in onamia had around 10 over a week ago I imagine it has a foot by now

That is about all I know

Nice... Thank you.

Been on Roberds and French recently. Roberds was a little slushy in places. Both seemed to have 6" of good ice, then a couple bad on top. Fine for walking.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I drove by Madison Lake today and things looked pretty quiet out there. Only saw about a half dozen fish houses. Saw a couple cars on the ice. No snow anywhere. Anyone know how thick the ice is? 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 inches of ice on the west end of Francis on Tuesday, but the access was heaved up so bad I don't think I could have pulled the wheel house out. Caught 1 sunny but only fished for about  half an hour. Mostly checking ice thickness. Checked the ice on Elysian, 12 inches near the south access and 10 inches further out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took the kids to Francis for a few hours this afternoon and not one fish, marked several. Usually good for a few small sunnies for the kids,  probably should have moved more. Thanks to someone, was able to get the house out on the west access, 17 inches of ice where I was.

Drilled a couple holes on Clear Lake Friday and had 15 inches of ice, didn't fish at all. Could get around the lake with the truck,  some drifting.

Melted a fair amount snow today so moving around should get easier, I hope!

• Thumbs Up 1