• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's The Latest On Ice???

I've heard there are places allowing folks to walk out.  Is this true?

Any news on 2018-19 Ice?

Satellite images? 

I'm chomping at the (auger) bit!!!  har har har.... ?

I was at the lake getting the ice fishing gear prep'd.  Ice is forming.  It is still moving around, piling up, etc.   Here is a shot from Saturday.

image.thumb.png.186e9b0c337a28496b1a6c692a07dff1.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I was up thanksgiving weekend and by sat. people were fishing out of Graceton beach. Driving wheelers and side by sides out. Seen one large  house out between Morris and Graceton. Bet by this coming weekend it will be hopping.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Ray!  You too, Hoey.

I just heard today, thru the grapevine, that people were out at Long Point as well.  That few that were out were reporting 5-6 inches of ice where they'd walked out to.

Sounds like it's on fellas. ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow!  Good to know, icefishermen!  I hadn't heard that from anyone!

I had heard that several of the resorts on the East end were taking LOTS of people out to rentals now, and that they were finding 10 inches of ice on the main lake in most areas!  Also heard many people were walking out by Long Point???

This is what is SO scary about this time of year on this lake....maybe all Minnesota lakes!  So many dramatically different reports!!!

Wherever you go, BE CAREFUL!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/30/2018 at 10:47 AM, icefishermen said:

open water at long point yet

I was up this weekend and heard this too.  200 yard wide crack with white caps on Saturday!!!  On Friday i felt the ice move good.  Water in my holes was sloshing back and forth.  I thought it was the earthquake in Alaska.....  haha

• Yayyyy 2