• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

Looks like Peltier Lake is locked up. Clear Lake was about 97% locked up. Just one little open hole in the middle. Forest Lake also looked to be at least 95% iced up. There were a couple small holes that a bunch of swans were keeping open. Someone on the north shore still has their dock out, and pontoon in the water! They better take advantage of this warm up and get to work! 

Would appreciate more reports, especially in Isanti County and Hinckley area.

JBMasterAngler

As of yesterday forest lake has about 1 inch of ice, but there were still some open spots. Someone even launched their boat and went duck hunting out there. 

monstermoose78

I will be checking a couple lakes today and I know people have been ice fishing them

hiwayman33

Moose any reports?  May check Baxter or 

Chisago channel tomorrow.  Was just fishing open water Missouri River two weeks ago.  We limited on walleyes two days in a row.  Ready to fish some ice. 

monstermoose78

Some guys were on Baxter but I had Finn with me so I did not check the ice thickness and it’s going to be cold tonight so I will try tomorrow to check

crappie king 42

I was on baxter yesterday. 3 inches not very safe but i fished for a few hours. 

Screenshot_2018-11-18-15-47-47.png

• Thumbs Up 2

crappie king 42

Anyone know whats goin on for ice on Shakopee?

eyeguy 54

might find out next week

monstermoose78
24 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

might find out next week

Get them bullheads for smoking 

• Thumbs Up 1

JBMasterAngler

Group of people were ice fishing on forest lake this morning. Still a big open spot from the geese and swans.

• Like 1

monstermoose78
44 minutes ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Group of people were ice fishing on forest lake this morning. Still a big open spot from the geese and swans.

You catch much? How thick was da ice?

Sherman
On 11/17/2018 at 11:13 AM, JBMasterAngler said:

As of yesterday forest lake has about 1 inch of ice, but there were still some open spots. Someone even launched their boat and went duck hunting out there. 

Humm...didn't know Forest Lake is Huntable? I know Peltier is.

JBMasterAngler

I didn’t fish. Just saw them as I drove by. That dock, boat lift, and pontoon are still in the lake. Must be nice to have money to burn🤔

I didn’t know duck hunting was allowed on forest either, as the shorelines are wall to wall houses. There are several reed/bulrush points that extend out quite aways on the north shore. That’s where everyone seems to hunt.

Anyway, I’ll be spending Black Friday getting my gear ready, and check out some lakes on Saturday, in hopes to wet a line. 

JBMasterAngler

Well, I won’t be going out tomorrow. As I type, it’s still 40 degrees and raining. Will rain all night and stay above freezing throughout tomorrow. I swear I seen lake 3 of forest opened up quite a bit. Lots of standing water on any all bodies of water I saw. Will be some good ice making weather next week. 

knoppers
1 hour ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Well, I won’t be going out tomorrow. As I type, it’s still 40 degrees and raining. Will rain all night and stay above freezing throughout tomorrow. I swear I seen lake 3 of forest opened up quite a bit. Lots of standing water on any all bodies of water I saw. Will be some good ice making weather next week. 

cold weather all of next week. we all need to wait a little longer, next weekend looks much better.

Sculpin

People are all over Shakopee, portys out there every day.. 6/8" Anne has decent walkable ice, 5"   Knife has walkable ice, 5". However with this recent melt, and some rain, it could be a mess, and get sketchy.

Use caution, go slow, and check frequently with a good spud.  

• Thanks 1

monstermoose78

Careful on shakopee with the river as this rain could increase the current and melt da ice.

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

hope to get up there in a week or so

knoppers

two portables on Mitchell lake tonight, the lake is only 50% frozen over after the rain yesterday. plenty of waterfowl on the water.

JBMasterAngler

My wife drove past bear lake in Barnum, and said looked like open water. I’m assuming it was just standing water on top of the ice, but that’s still not good for business. I assume the ice was probably in the 5 inch range. She didn’t see anyone out there Thursday or Friday.

ZachD

Im heading to Shakopee or Isle bay this weekend

• l Love It 1

DP

Forest Lake #1, has 6.5", just checked a few minutes ago.  There's been a few portables out lately.

• Thanks 1

KidMoe

I found 6” on Peltier of clear solid ice. I got out a bit late so the bite wasn’t great but it was good to get out!!

55110D3D-2197-433D-BA82-8A1D6B7AE6A6.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

fisherjmb

Went out to the channel between Chisago and South Lindstrom this morning. Ice was 6 inches, maybe a little more in spots. Fishing was ok. Mostly small crappies. It was fairly busy out there too. Next weeks cold weather should help firm up  the main lakes a bit more, as long as we don’t get too much snow from this weekends storm. Hopefully that will spread people out a little.

KidMoe

Found 6” of clear ice everywhere I drilled on Centerville today.