• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

delcecchi

Since there probably wasn't anybody hanging around the back of the store who could have started it, and it's hard to conceive of a motive for the owners to burn it down and rebuild it,   my money is on something electrical.    Nothing like a bad connection on a heavily loaded line to overheat and get something started.   Back in the day when they got the brilliant idea to wire houses and mobile homes with aluminum wire cuz it was cheaper than copper it happened pretty frequently.    That was back in the 60's, but it still only takes one mistake to eventually burn something down even with copper wire.   

A motor or compressor that locks up can do it also...Many ways for an accidental fire to start.   

FishinCT

Different kind of blazing going on in Colorado, I suppose I could update that again sometime. But no, I've never heard of this happening in Colorado, Minnesota, or the other dozen or so states I've lived. Which is exactly my point, having it happen 3 times in a small area and twice in the same tiny town gets me wondering.

Been deer hunting more than usual this year, so maybe my mind just wanders too much out there. Hopefully they get rebuilt quick, has to be a huge inconvenience for people in the area. I know I always preferred that store to the one in tower. Employees get a nice paid vacation for the holidays, but I'm sure they'll be itching to get back at it by the time they rebuild 

• Like 1

delcecchi

I guess there could be some sort of psycho running around.    That is hard to disprove until they find the cause of the fire.

PSU

Have there been any updates to prospective future plans? Also, have they been working to clear the site, or perhaps it's too cold?

Thanks for any insights!

CigarGuy

Drove by it yesterday, haven't touched the building yet.

BRULEDRIFTER
17 hours ago, PSU said:

Have there been any updates to prospective future plans? Also, have they been working to clear the site, or perhaps it's too cold?

Thanks for any insights!

The last I heard, they are planning on rebuilding the store and shooting to have it open by fishing opener 2019.  We'll see if that happens or not.  I'm sure the red tape with the insurance companies is a mile long, so getting to the point or rebuilding could take some time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

bassbouncer

Still waiting for the fire marshal to determine cause. They are working on a plan but can’t knock it down until the fire marshal lets them

delcecchi

I also heard that some bureaucrat has to say whether they can use the existing slab or need to make  a new one.  Don't know whether that is true or not.  

Wanderer
8 hours ago, delcecchi said:

I also heard that some bureaucrat has to say whether they can use the existing slab or need to make  a new one.  Don't know whether that is true or not.  

I would want it checked if it were mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

bassbouncer

I’ve also heard it will be a precast concrete building. Newspaper said it will be bigger than it was so will need some new concrete slab

delcecchi
22 hours ago, bassbouncer said:

I’ve also heard it will be a precast concrete building. Newspaper said it will be bigger than it was so will need some new concrete slab

Bigger and better, that is great.   

jim curlee

Yesterday there was an excavator sitting behind Zups.

• Thumbs Up 2

CigarGuy

A semi/end dump trailer and dumpster pulled into Zup's today when I drove by! 

bassbouncer

About 1/2 torn down today

Wanderer

Ya know.... these days a lot of construction projects have cameras on them so people can watch the progress...

hint, hint... 😉😁

PSU

Good to hear they are making some progress in the winter!

CigarGuy
3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Ya know.... these days a lot of construction projects have cameras on them so people can watch the progress...

hint, hint... 😉😁

Any links? I looked, couldn't find anything.

Wanderer
13 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

Any links? I looked, couldn't find anything.

Only to your phone camera or @bassbouncer, or @jim curlee. 😁. You guys seem to get by there fairly often.

bassbouncer

I own a business close by. Will see if I can take a pic soon

• Like 1

jim curlee

Went by yesterday, they are making progress.

Jim

20CBCE44-DA01-4F73-BB93-3FB6F4A13F4B.jpeg

74253DC5-93B1-4152-AC58-245AA818CB18.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

bassbouncer

Front wall is all that’s left

211BC86F-A792-4C38-A768-5BF84C3C9A5A.jpeg

CigarGuy
1 hour ago, bassbouncer said:

Front wall is all that’s left

211BC86F-A792-4C38-A768-5BF84C3C9A5A.jpeg

That's getting it done!! What are the odds of it being open by the fishing opener?  I believe that is the target date.

bassbouncer

Now it sounds like they’re shooting for October. Won’t be possible by fishing opener 

• Sad 1

SkunkedAgain

That would be a lot of work to get done in three months, assuming that they can even get a GC to line up all of the subs. October sounds more realistic. Looks like I'll have to find other ways to support the local businesses in town. I might have to send Mrs. SkunkedAgain and Miss SkunkedAgain to the girl store a few times with a wad of cash.

jkrash

It's gone, looks like there tearing out the concrete now.

2019-02-21-15-57-42.jpg