• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

As I have the last 3 years, I will be doing ice reports asap. The ice is not doing anything obviously yet except the edges. Won't have ice for Thanksgiving for sure. Most likely the weekend after. Stay tuned! ??

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I need to hit Linwood up as that is a lake I fished so much with my grandpa. Used to get lots of keeper gills and nice crappies and big pike out of there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I went out and checked the lake Friday am. All locked up. I walked out a bit and it looked like 2 inches. It froze over even which is good. Hopefully it's 2 inches out in the middle too. More info to come!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

47 minutes ago, iiccee63 said:

Well I went out and checked the lake Friday am. All locked up. I walked out a bit and it looked like 2 inches. It froze over even which is good. Hopefully it's 2 inches out in the middle too. More info to come!

Thanks for checking and the report 

• Thumbs Up 1

Boot lake is not open to fishing.  I checked typo lake yesterday. Really sketchy right out from the access about 10 feet or so. Past that there was 4.5 inches. I did not fish just wanted to see if I got the new auger blades on correctly 

• Thumbs Up 2

Will have another ice report on Linwood Wed. afternoon. walking out with my chisel to really check it out.:cool:

Ok peeps. I was out on a few lakes today Wed. around 2pm. First lake was Forest Lake 1. Saw a guy skating all over the place. Walked out about 100 yards and solid wonderful 4" of ice. Bumped into a guy that had been doing the same thing. Driving around checking ice.

Linwood has great ice. It's 5" out 100 yards or so. THEN there is a transition in the ice. It apparently was open water at some point beyond the transition. Beyond this it was 4" of perfect ice. I know the lake froze over in 2 nights max because I checked it 6 days ago. This guys said all the 5 lakes he checked in the area were 4" minimum. People were fishing on Chisago. Clear Lake also had someone way out there fishing.

1. Linwood 4"

2. Forest #1 4"

I am going ice fishing Friday on Linwood. Will give a better report then. I walked about 75 yards beyond the transition on Linwood and it looked perfect. Was getting dark so I went in.

• l Love It 1

1 hour ago, iiccee63 said:

Ok peeps. I was out on a few lakes today Wed. around 2pm. First lake was Forest Lake 1. Saw a guy skating all over the place. Walked out about 100 yards and solid wonderful 4" of ice. Bumped into a guy that had been doing the same thing. Driving around checking ice.

Linwood has great ice. It's 5" out 100 yards or so. THEN there is a transition in the ice. It apparently was open water at some point beyond the transition. Beyond this it was 4" of perfect ice. I know the lake froze over in 2 nights max because I checked it 6 days ago. This guys said all the 5 lakes he checked in the area were 4" minimum. People were fishing on Chisago. Clear Lake also had someone way out there fishing.

1. Linwood 4"

2. Forest #1 4"

I am going ice fishing Friday on Linwood. Will give a better report then. I walked about 75 yards beyond the transition on Linwood and it looked perfect. Was getting dark so I went in.

Great stuff thank you for sharing 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm out again Wed. to check ice conditions on Linwood and a few others. Wed. night I will post some info. Linwood will be fine by Sat. with this cold but, I want to check it now. Going to Green Lake and Forest Lake #1. Stay tuned....:cool:

So sorry I didn't get out to check ice. Had to work late and it was 5 or so when I got there. Too dark to risk alone. On Linwood there is pretty good size heave out front that is preventing people getting on the ice. You can see the bottom easily as it's 12" deep maybe... I am adding pictures today. A small open water spot also to the right of the access. Again, 16" deep maybe but, open. I'm going to try and put some wood across the left side of the access as I need to fish immediately lol. Sat. am.:mad::mad:

ice

On 11/19/2018 at 7:25 PM, DP said:

Be extra careful on Typo, there are some springs.

And lots of carp that will keep it thin in spots

• Thumbs Up 1

Well well...things have gotten better at Linwood lake. The access is much better but, still use caution going over the heave. It has got way smaller and almost flat. Guys were out fishing and walking across it. I drove my wheeler over it also but, I used wood as a bridge.

As far as ICE goes I found the ice no thinner than 6.5" all over the area I was at which is the north side of the lake. The ice is clear and smooth. Perfect. Caught some tiny crappies as usual and went home at 8pm. I think we are finally good now!??

Will add some pics of the access when I get there today, Sunday 12/2

Edited by iiccee63
forgot to add something
  • l Love It 1

Hello all. Unfortunately some rude snowmobilers drove over the heave over and over today. It's all broke up again. Thanks idiots. Had one snowmobile fly by my house and another portable 20ft from me, about 30 from the other guy....all while going about 80. Oh well...

Stay to the left where the wood boards are and you should be good.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I pulled into to the access Sunday morning and after walking out to the heave decided I wasn’t going to take a snowmobile across and went to a different lake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok. Updated report as of 5pm Friday. Drilled some holes and found no less than 9" of ice. Drilled about 10 holes in a large area. Have not gone to the far south end of the lake where the 40ft hole is. Will do that next week. Going out of town this weekend to Miltona!:zonk:

• 2 weeks later...

New info on Linwood Lake access..... The access is all melted now almost all the way across. With this warm weather it just ruined it. Was there last night and you can only go on the left side. Just a small spot to pass. I could drive my wheeler across ok. Super disappointing. There is the 2 boards still there people can use to cross. 

Will be going out all day Xmas day. Will give an access report the 25th in the am. I might even go out later tonight....

iiccee

• l Love It 1

The Lynnwood access is busted up again all across the middle. You can still get on on the far left side. Fishing hasn't been that great today kind of like the access LOL happy fishing! Merry Christmas to everyone.

Omg. Linwood access is junk again. DNR put yellow tape all across it. You can get on if you stick to the far-right and go over the heave to the left. You have to stay to the right though. And when you're leaving the lake you have to go back the same way. Was just there today and it's a mess. Just letting everybody know.??

• Thumbs Up 1

Update.....was out there Sat. and all the yellow tape and sticks were broke off and torn down. It is completely broke up all the way across again. Heard someone tried to drive a car across Sat. am. 

• 2 weeks later...

Checking the access today after 4pm. Will give a report tonight. Last weekend it was really starting to improve.:wow:

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope so I am waiting to fish it

Good success out there?Brought the little one out there in December, very close to home. We spend most of the winter in our skid house on Mille Lacs, wondering more for early season and open water