• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
32 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I cant believe anyone is so stupid that they would go out on the ice and fish sense ice is never safe. .  What morons!  Idiots!  

See, now your loosening up and getting it!  ?

They should have just let the stupid bas-ards float over and get off in Wisconsin where they belong! ?  ?

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

you should be fined everytime you quote somebody. only stupid bas-ards

constantly quote people.  

• Wow, ❤ 2

31 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

you should be fined everytime you quote somebody. only stupid bas-ards

constantly quote people.  

Well, that would be a good way for Rick to make some extra money on this site.

Since the premise of quoting someone is for other readers to make the connection to replies they are reading down a string of posts and is done quite heavily throughout this whole web site.  Other then by you, I don't see that I use the quote anymore then any other users?  But, I will try and be more responsive to your feelings on the use of that tool in the future.   ? 

Oop looks like I did it again! ?

Edited by leech~~

Eyeguy54, did something happen on the forums lately to piss you off that I missed? I've seen alot of "no comment" by you. This is a serious question. Not trying to start something.?

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont like people calling other fishermen stupid and idiots and so on and so forth so thought I would just act like them for a bit. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

The ice was fine. There was a solid 4-6”. I wouldn’t have went today with the wind but I kind of figured this might happen. Was planning on maybe trying it next weekend to! Dang ohh well.

I spent 14 years in fire/rescue and I'm sorry but it still irks me when people take these kinds of chances. The early ice getting blown out is one of the most common occurrences on ice in that area it seems. And I am fully familiar with why we don't charge for it.

Edited by PRO-V
  • Thumbs Up 1

I for one am very grateful for those in rescue service. I hope I never need the service. And if I ever do I hope my pic doesnt show up where I will be belittled by those that never screw up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I dont like people calling other fishermen stupid and idiots and so on and so forth so thought I would just act like them for a bit. 

Good valid point and I will take this advise seriously. I know I used to do risky things when I was younger.

If someone should choose to be a rescuer but doesnt like being put in danger they should find a new profession instead of whine about it,no one forced you to rescue.No one forced these guys to go on the ice they chose to,they had to be saved by rescuers who chose their jobs.More fines,laws,ect.. are never going to end the need for rescuers or keep people safer.Id have brought a small tin boat,some rope,oars and a life jacket if I knew there were a chance of the ice sheet breaking off and leaving me stranded,or chose to stay home.

most people that rescue others are volunteers to do what they do. I would hope if I fell through the ice, that a person would help, professional or other fisherman. I know I would help. 

Expl- it has nothing to do with not wanting to be in danger. We all accepted the risks and trained for it and did what we had to do to save people and property. I'm just surprised at the risks people will take for a fish with out preparing for it or thinking about the consequences.

• l Love It 1

11 hours ago, expl said:

If someone should choose to be a rescuer but doesnt like being put in danger they should find a new profession instead of whine about it,no one forced you to rescue.No one forced these guys to go on the ice they chose to,they had to be saved by rescuers who chose their jobs.More fines,laws,ect.. are never going to end the need for rescuers or keep people safer.Id have brought a small tin boat,some rope,oars and a life jacket if I knew there were a chance of the ice sheet breaking off and leaving me stranded,or chose to stay home.

Expl

I spent 20 years on a volunteer fire dept.  There is a difference between a situation that is beyond some one control and doing something stupid that could put others in danger. 

Edited by opsirc
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ok guys I got your points let’s try to find some safer ice and talk about the conditions and how to catch the fish!! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

moose!  :)

No Comment! 

But a quote! :)

• Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

No Comment! 

But a quote! :)

16 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

??? How about 2 for 1, lmao!!! You guys keep viewership up anyway....

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Ok guys I got your points let’s try to find some safer ice and talk about the conditions and how to catch the fish!! 

or how's the mouse season going???????????

4 hours ago, Todd48 said:

Anybody no if the ice on lake shaminu?in motley 

Wrong page Todd48, try the Brainerd lakes area. 

6 hours ago, Todd48 said:

Is safe for snowmobiles 

Most lakes around central MN have 7”-8” of good clear ice. Problem is this wind blew all the snow in drifts so most lakes are bare. So it may be tricky for sled travel. I drove my 800lb ATV out yesterday with no issues. 

This may be in the mille lacs forum but I seen pictures of a huge crack on the north end.

Edited by smurfy

Going out in a strong east or northeast wind is not a smart idea when the shipping channel is still open.  The water level fluctuates quite a bit from the seiche, even when there isn’t big winds.  Current comes in the entries raising water levels.   That level change creates cracks in ice and cracks with a strong wind going towards open water is a bad mix.  It was safe to be on the ice the preceding days before that happened but not that day.  

The harbor ia dangerous stuff folks.  Everyone stay away.  

• Thumbs Up 1