• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Getanet

Ice Fishing Agency Bay

Getanet

I'm looking to book a sleeper house for 4 guys on Leech. Found ones I really like (nice, newer houses) on Agency Bay. I've only fished Leech during open water, and never Agency Bay. Is it a decent part of the lake for walleyes? 

Getanet

Never mind. Contacted the guy and he doesn't put his houses on Agency Bay.

leech~~
49 minutes ago, Getanet said:

Never mind. Contacted the guy and he doesn't put his houses on Agency Bay.

Where does he put them and did you hear his rates?  

Getanet

I rented a house out of bayside resort. The owner said there is no public access on Agency Bay and that there is a spring near his resort's launch, so he doesn't put his house out on Agency at all. Instead, he puts his house either where the fish have been biting, or a specific part of the lake that the guest prefers. He also moves the house for each booking.

I didn't ask, but it seems like ice fishing is a newer offering for them. The house looks basically brand new and I'm not sure if he has multiple houses or just one. Anyway, the price seemed pretty good compared to others I found on the lake - $225/day and that includes the generator and TV.  I'll admit I was looking for something on the nicer side since two of the guys don't really ice fish much and I wanted to make sure they would have something to do if the fishing isn't good. Other nicer houses were a bit higher than that per day, and generator and/or TV was an additional charge.

I guess we'll see, but I like the fact the house gets moved a lot.

I'm not sure if a link is allowed, but if you Google Bayside Resort in Walker you can see pictures of the ice house.

• Thumbs Up 1