• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Luck This Weekend!!

monstermoose78

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

getting anxious!!  lol   heading south wednesday to hunt till Sunday with the gang. 

116a.jpg

116b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • I Like it 1

We still have not seen a deer in the stand. Cook county is low on deer according to the dnr. He normally stops in and checks are meat pole to see some big bucks. He saw me sit up so he came to chat. He said there is very few deer around. He also said if monstermoose78’s meat pole is empty it’s not good for everyone else 

• Yayyyy 3

7 hours ago, CANOPY SAM said:

My youngest son filled his first deer tag with a nice, fat 9-pointer last night.  I'd repeatedly instructed him to not pull the trigger on any immature animals, or any does with young fawns.  Although this buck's rack is a bit small, his body is remarkably heavy.  Jacob made a good, clean shot. 

But, he did good right dad?  First tag as in ever or one of two tags?  If first Deer ever I think he did Great!  Nice Buck, love the dark antlers and the smile. ?

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1

No antlered deer seen by our group just a bit west of Duluth ,,,, Did get 2 antlerless deer to put some meat in the freezer but there were 10 in the group ,,, Not seeing much for rubs or scrapes but hoping this cold kicks in the rut here ,,, Lots of wolf tracks in our area 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Hunting party is down two now just just me and the old man. Brrrr it was chilly in the wind today. Still no deer seen on while hunting. Took a drive last night and only saw a handful on highway 61.

A buddy that hunts just a couple miles from me had a wolf approach him at 30 feet and had to fire a shot over him to scare him off.

Behind the cabin.

That was quick. ?

We may try and get out tomorrow morning, Isaacs game is at 4 pm.  Not sure how excited the kid(s) will be to start hunting in 5° weather.

School, work, and activities kinda make us weekend warriors.

18 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Finally the sound of a 30-06 close enough to know it was the old man! Followed by the the text big buck down. I should know when he says that it’s a little cutie that died. He is in the 160 pound class so he will be good eating. 

8B221D19-2643-46C6-A36A-BF0628080F1F.jpeg

That looks the twin of mine but we are 80 miles west of you.

IMG_2753.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

No we don’t bait unlike some of the guides up there who do and try to toss others under the bus for it!! And Darren also stops in to check are meat pole. 

• Yayyyy 1

39 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

This just in from the woods.  SIL passed a dozen does/fawns/yearling bucks last weekend saying he was waiting for “nice” one.  We’re in a HC area.  His 3rd year hunting - anything.

377F0AE1-3832-440B-BE92-E8C415717718.jpeg.72ef3804f2801f55a99a153f6d7dfc9e.jpeg

Post a better rack shot when you-he gets a chance. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

No we don’t bait unlike some of the guides up there who do and try to toss others under the bus for it!! And Darren also stops in to check are meat pole. 

Some ruthless guides here. 

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

And they just keep dropping today.  A couple friends were out also.  Faces scrubbed due not asking if I could post. ?

All different areas, not just by your stand @leech~~

Sweet, may be the big boys are getting a little more Horned up and will come by for all the sweeties standing around me! ?

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1

Talked to a guy at the car dealer, waiting for car to be serviced.  His son got two 8point bucks this week over by the Mississippi ........with his buick....   rim shot

• Yayyyy 1

A little fun with photoshop getting us together. :)

Take 2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

So Monday my buddy sees a spike and 5 pointer sparring a little bit at 150 yards in a clear-cut. Gets a good rest with 25-06, shots the 5 and it goes down like a sack of hammers. Hikes up to it, pokes it's eye and not a wiggle. Sets down empty gunand finds a log to sit on 10 feet away with his back to it and validates his tag. Turns around and the buck is gone running over a hill 100 yards away and disappears over a hill. Small spot of blood where his head was laying. Must have deflected in the brush. He said it was out cold at least 15 minutes.?

• Wow, ❤ 1