• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Biggest Fish Log In Ice House?

s2h

My old man picked up a new fish house.  I wanted to get him some kind of way to write down and log the largest fish of every species he catches for the life of the ice house.  Anyone have anything like that??  Just thought it would be cool to to keep track of who caught a certain biggest fish at which lake, over the years.  

Thanks for any input!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I know there are some of the small gift shops up north like Nisswa and others they have cabin and books-note pads like that to write memories in. May be in Granite Falls or on-line?

Edited by leech~~

Ok yes i may have to go that route, thanks.  I should of said originally that I was kind of looking for a cool looking board or something to hang up on the wall.  Something that everyone can see and have out as bragging rights to whoever has their name on the board for the largest fish of its species...and maybe a spot for who catches the most random item that falls down the hole, lol.  

I would suggest making one out of a decent cut of wood. Set it up as a grid and use magnets to change fish species, weight, and names. You could go as simple as dry erase pieces to put on 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried finding the pic @Duffman posted of the board he put together for his basement/bar I think it was but no dice.  Too much for me sift through.  It was pretty cool though and maybe in line with the OP’s idea.

@leech~~, got some time and mad search skills to dig that one up?

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

I tried finding the pic @Duffman posted of the board he put together for his basement/bar I think it was but no dice.  Too much for me sift through.  It was pretty cool though and maybe in line with the OP’s idea.

@leech~~, got some time and mad search skills to dig that one up?

I remember the picture you are talking about, but I think it was last year some time and I just don't think I could wad through all of Duff's politic fall out to find it!  ?

One of my buddies put up those adhesive backed thin cork-board squires on two of his cabin walls. Pretty fun idea of his family growing up at the cabin.  With fishing, hunting pictures mixed in.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

How about a digital photo frame in the shack.

Here's what I have in the man cave.

I refer to it as "The BIG Board".

Usually add a couple pics a year, this year I've added 7. (It's been a good year)

On a log basis, I've kept track of days fished on ice and open water, species caught, and how many different bodies of water per year.

About to wrap up year 20 of doing that, usually just jot it down on the calendar at work and tally it up at years end. That log total list is on the side of  The BIG Board.

20181118_140747.jpg

20181118_140544.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice Duff.  Don't you have a furs and feathers board, or you don't hunt and eat um? ?

May not be of use for your case but we've had fun doing this.  For the last 10 years we've taken an annual winter trip to LOW.  We each have these little 4" notebooks we take every year we call tally boards.  Like a journal.  great fun to look back on over the years.  Jot down some of the more outstanding fish and events and keep score of the numbers we catch each year.  Fishing stories are what its all about anyways.

• Thumbs Up 2