• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

AlwaysFishing23

Well I Think That’s A Wrap

AlwaysFishing23

Thanks to the expert advice from Mr EyeGuy 54 (Royce) I was able to find myself a super nice spot of living green cabbage weeds. Not 5 minutes into my first pass I had a nice 19” pike. Over about a half hour I ended with 2 nice eater northerns and threw back two smaller ones and released 3 largemouth. Trolling cranks on the weedlines on braid was the ticket. It was sure windy but it was barely doable. Went back out this evening and got a 21” pike and lost probably 6 due to boat control issues in the wind. And a few more bass and another on a spinner bait. Hopefully can get a few more casts in Saturday or Sunday but we’ll see what the weather does. If you can get out take advantage of it. But please wear your life preserver and be smart water temps are about 45 degrees and will continue to drop fast now. It doesn’t lake long for things to go south quick. All in all a good season lots of great memories and great fish boated. So long open water 2018 and welcome ice season 18-19!

• Like 1
  • l Love It 1

eyeguy 54

Nice! Thx for sharing.  I have so many weird stories like that and it's nice to hear another strange one!  Great story and memory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MinnowBuckets

It is definitely getting down to the wire. I want to try and get out one more time if possible! I love ice fishing, but the fall bite has been hot. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

mrpike1973

Great story and nice fish! I too just put the boat away did a little river fishing but just to cold on the hands even with gloves. Ice season here we come!

• Thumbs Up 1

AlwaysFishing23

Well was a sad day today indeed. Got the kayak all vacuumed out and cleaned up. Then hung it in it’s winter spot in the shed. Trailer got a cleaning to. But until next year so long open water. Time to finish putting the open water gear away and finish getting the ice gear out.