• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat/trailer Mover

Zach Compton

Question

I have a 4000 pound boat on a tandem axle trailer that I’m looking to move around the garage and driveway without having to hook up the truck everytime, does anyone have a suggestion OTHER THAN a lawn tractor or atv? 

8 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
55 minutes ago, Zach Compton said:

I have a 4000 pound boat on a tandem axle trailer that I’m looking to move around the garage and driveway without having to hook up the truck everytime, does anyone have a suggestion OTHER THAN a lawn tractor or atv? 

Zach, Welcome to the forum. 

I agree, Don't hook up the lawn tractor unless you want to be staring at the clouds!  Done that once! ?  Might even happen with the ATV.  

Edited by leech~~
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome Zack! 4000lbs is a lot of weight. I’ve pushed a 3000lb single axl rig around and out the garage on the driveway. But with a tandem axl trailer and 1000lb more it may be difficult or impossible without an atv or truck. Even with a dolly thing is would be very tough. I wouldn't want to be the one to find out how to stop a 4000lb moving rig when it starts rolling either.

What you need is a couple sets of wheel dollies.  I was able to push my full size Tundra around my garage and my boat to the point it would fit a small car as well in a 2 car garage.

Wheel Dollies at Northern

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Not sure if this would rig up to a boat trailer, but it is the ticket!!  ?  Hope its water proof? ?

Edited by leech~~

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Being that you have a tandem axle, you'd have to have 4 wheel dollies if you went that route.  

A hand operated hitch dolly like Del suggested might be best for moving around inside the garage.

ATV Weight-Distributing Dolly might work for you, taking all the tongue weight off the ATV.

shopping.jpg.6ef332b87bbdb3e07dc1f12b0cabf033.jpg

To take the hassle out of hitching trailer to truck,  a back up camera is the way to go. You might find that is a solution your looking for.

• Thumbs Up 1