• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

Has anyone fished North Lake before? Lakefinder says there’s a navigable waterway there via Gunflint Lake. However, the map shows rapids in between Little Gunflint and Little North, with a short portage. Just wondering if I could get a boat in there. 

Bigfatbert

If  my memory serves me correctly , yes you can . I believe that we were able to safely walk a 16ft boat through the short stretch of current . When we did this it was warm part of summer and we were in shorts and just had a pair of tennis shoes on when we walked the boat up stream which was about a 30 yard or so pull .Now if you would attempt this during colder weather like now , I’m sure a pair of knee length rubber boots would be sufficient . Very beautiful clear water with awesome scenery . Walleye , Smallmouth , and Lakers . 

JBMasterAngler

Yeah, I wouldn’t be making this treck until next June. I heard from another source that it’s navigable as well, as long as water levels are normal. Thanks for the info.

I fish, therefore I lie

If you're heading up in June, consider towing a canoe with you. A short portage into South lake can provide you with fantastic laker action along the drop-offs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• knoppers
      bump give ice reports if you can. just don't go on any ice to give a report, be safe.   I know my 300 acre lake in aitkin froze  over last weekend, but ice depth could vary greatly this time of year.
    • Fishing Frenzy
      Anyone know of the lake is froze over? Or how much ice is on the lake if it is?
    • Schwarz04
      I’ll be out looking tomorrow... Have a spot in mind that I’m optimistic about. Which direction from downtown were you?
    • eyeguy 54
      Got the hangers today and really like them. I did have to drill a slot so they would work but easy peasy. The metal can be bent a bit to get the angle wanted. Moved the turkey fans to a different room and centered the 3 euros. I like the way it ended up.     New Age Taxidermy Head Honcho European Mounts on Amazon Smile
    • Rick
      The holidays are coming to the Governor’s Residence! Foresters from the Department of Natural Resources and the Conservation Corps of Minnesota harvested the official state Christmas tree Nov. 16 from the Nemadji State Forest. The tree, which is approximately 60 years old, will decorate the Governor’s Residence in St. Paul. “This year’s tree is absolutely gorgeous—tall, full, and almost perfectly shaped,” said Jean Mouelle, the DNR forester who selected this year’s tree. “It’s an impressive example of a balsam fir.” Each year, DNR staff chooses the Governor’s Christmas tree from one of Minnesota’s 59 state forests. Although the tree is always harvested on the Friday before Thanksgiving, the search for the perfect tree begins months beforehand. DNR foresters keep an eye out for a tall tree that’s nicely shaped and well filled out. The tree also needs to be in a location where it will not be damaged when dropped, and where foresters can easily remove it from the forest and load it onto a trailer. The tree will be set up at the Governor’s Residence, 1006 Summit Ave., St. Paul, at 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 19, and lit Monday, Nov. 26. Information about viewing the tree can be found at www.mn.gov/admin/governors-residence/tours/schedule. Half a million Christmas trees are harvested from private tree farms in Minnesota each holiday season, contributing about $30 million to the state’s economy. For each tree harvested, one to three trees are planted. Real Christmas trees provide an environmentally friendly decorating option during the holidays because they store carbon during their lifespan and can be chipped for mulch when the season is over. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • eyeguy 54
      Should get the hangers today and will post info. I see that mountain Mikes has them also. Built to fit in the hole in back. The ones I ordered are for the bone skull so hopefully, dont have to send them back. Just got Marks done.  16 inch inside. Mine is 15 1/4. Not monsters but pretty neat. Marks biggest so far. 
    • jgrimmz
      I typically mount with a wire hidden behind the brain cavity routed through holes in the plaque to a screw behind the plaque.   Curious about this angled hanger, it tilts the nose of the skull away from the wall? Do you have a link? I like that idea, might have to rig something up when my euro is ready. 
    • rumeye
      Was around both lakes yesterday and they appear to be locked up. Shouldn't be long now.
    • eyeguy 54
      I hate when I am walking back to vehicle and they have roosted partway and I didnt know it, then they explode and I freak. LOL 
    • paceman
      Bow hunting the other day I had a flock of about 20 come in at last light to roost in a nearby tree. No way a deer was going to come in with all that racket! It was kind of odd to see them hop from tree to tree but at the same time cool to see! Graceful and quiet they were not!