• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

Has anyone fished North Lake before? Lakefinder says there’s a navigable waterway there via Gunflint Lake. However, the map shows rapids in between Little Gunflint and Little North, with a short portage. Just wondering if I could get a boat in there. 

Bigfatbert

If  my memory serves me correctly , yes you can . I believe that we were able to safely walk a 16ft boat through the short stretch of current . When we did this it was warm part of summer and we were in shorts and just had a pair of tennis shoes on when we walked the boat up stream which was about a 30 yard or so pull .Now if you would attempt this during colder weather like now , I’m sure a pair of knee length rubber boots would be sufficient . Very beautiful clear water with awesome scenery . Walleye , Smallmouth , and Lakers . 

JBMasterAngler

Yeah, I wouldn’t be making this treck until next June. I heard from another source that it’s navigable as well, as long as water levels are normal. Thanks for the info.

I fish, therefore I lie

If you're heading up in June, consider towing a canoe with you. A short portage into South lake can provide you with fantastic laker action along the drop-offs.

Jacobson Outdoors