• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Wanderer

2019 Duck Geese Goose Waterfowl Opener (2018 Too)

Wanderer

Well, it’s just about here.  I’ve been plotting and planning in the background of my everyday life.  Testing different decoy rigs, organizing my accessories, getting my camping gear and truck squared away to disappear for a few days.

Options are still open at this time but the one sure thing is I’m unplugging and going on a true wander-about.  At least for a few days, 21st -24th.  One good, easygoing buddy, 2 kayaks, a wheelhouse and no itinerary.  Just a desire to explore places we haven’t hunted yet in northern MN between Brainerd and Baudette.  Sure, we have ideas on where.  Some spots scouted in person and others by map and satellite, but nothing rigid.  And at some point if the birds aren’t in the bag, some fish might get hooked.

I love this state for the sheer amount of options we sportsmen have.

Anyone got any plans they care to share?  Or maybe when it’s all said and done, share some pics and stories?

• Thumbs Up 1

MJ1657

Me and my hunting buddy will start out the day in our duck dock by home. Fried egg sandwiches at around 8:00 I'm guessing.

If the geese show up we will have a field hunt when we're done on the water. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wanderer

Good luck to you and Molly. 😎  

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Will be in the middle of Sherburne Wildlife Refuge with river rat and maybe Gordie and my nephew. Wood ducks will get shot at I hope to get at least one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike89

good luck MJ and Molly too as Wanderer said!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike89

way to go guys!!!!!!👍

• Thumbs Up 1

gimruis

Quite the blind you built there.

• Thumbs Up 1

MJ1657
5 hours ago, gimruis said:

Quite the blind you built there.

It's worked well. The blind in the pic is 8'. I also built a 4'. We hunted three people out of the 8' and one in the 4'. 

gimruis

Who's all going out on Saturday for the real opener?  Good rain and cooler temps have arrived.

• Thumbs Up 1

MJ1657
1 hour ago, gimruis said:

Who's all going out on Saturday for the real opener?  Good rain and cooler temps have arrived.

We are

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike89

good luck all!!

• Thumbs Up 2

MJ1657

I just got back from scouting. There were a few ducks on our pond. 

• Thumbs Up 2

jgrimmz

I will be, but I'm going to be sad since all the perfect hunting weather over the last three days rolls out just in time for opener 🤦‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

I will be out with a few guys blasting at ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanderer

For all the stuff I thought I had at my fingertips to pack, I sure am taking all week to get it done!  At least I have all my supplies.  I just keep tinkering on this and that, not getting it bagged up!

Leaving tomorrow morning around 9 and should have the entire afternoon to scout our top areas.  We’ll land somewhere in the northern third of the state.

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78
15 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

For all the stuff I thought I had at my fingertips to pack, I sure am taking all week to get it done!  At least I have all my supplies.  I just keep tinkering on this and that, not getting it bagged up!

Leaving tomorrow morning around 9 and should have the entire afternoon to scout our top areas.  We’ll land somewhere in the northern third of the state.

Good luck and many the ducks fall after you shoot!!

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
38 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

It's always nice when you have a week to get everything nicely packed, organized and ready to go. 🙂

It's just that few hours when you get home tired and dump it all in a big dirty pile to sort out that suk! 😆

Gook Luck!

Edited by leech~~
  • Haha 1

monstermoose78

I got a lab stuck to me, because he saw the shotgun come out. Decoys check, gun check, 83 shells check, decoys check, head lamp check, Finn check, clothes set out check, ducks ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Mike89

I know Finn will,have fun for sure!!!👍

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Finn and I are up trying not wake the wife. Been up since 2 am even as a kid i did not get up this early for Christmas. Stay safe everyone. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Cret Jigs

Clear skies this morning but hopefully you get some dinner .... otherwise  the Pike are biting!!  👊

• Thumbs Up 1