• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2019 Duck Geese Goose Waterfowl Opener (2018 Too)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78
8 hours ago, Kettle said:

This is awesome and incredibly admirable Moose 

I think the youth weekend is an amazing chance to get some kids on ducks. Never had a kid not smile at the end and of a hunt. It really helps get Finn in hunting mode too. I think my cousins son wants to try duck hunting so it could be fun getting him his first duck.

• l Love It 1
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wanderer

• monstermoose78

• MJ1657

• leech~~

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a tailgait shot for ya from today.       😊  

Thanks! Here are some pics. 

Well it hasn’t been stellar but it hasn’t been a waste of time either this morning.  What I’ve been hearing is the hatch was poor in prairie Canada so we should see fewer but more mature birds.  Seems

Posted Images

On 9/5/2020 at 6:55 AM, monstermoose78 said:

I think the youth weekend is an amazing chance to get some kids on ducks. Never had a kid not smile at the end and of a hunt. It really helps get Finn in hunting mode too. I think my cousins son wants to try duck hunting so it could be fun getting him his first duck.

Youth waterfowl day is what it was for me as a child, 22 years ago was my first season but you're right it is a great opportunity. I still have the pic from my first hunt, I got a wood duck and a mallard and probably went through two boxes of shells

• l Love It 1
Wanderer

None here but I didn’t hunt either.  We haven’t had much for birds around my place this year and I only saw 3 high flyers today.  High, like they do when they’ve been shot at so I figure they were the survivors of a family flock that found some hunters that DO have a good report!

Anything for you?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
monstermoose78

Couple of mallards swimming on devilstrack yesterday. Geese along Highway 61

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      The approaching fishing season comes with a reminder from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources to always follow state laws to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • jkrash
      Here's the current survey report from the DNR. 2020 Lake Vermilion Lake Survey Report.pdf 2020 Discussion Appendix A.pdf
    • CigarGuy
      Funny guy🙂. Got skunked again 🙂 tonight. Might need to try your idea. Lots of boats heading to Black Bay this evening. Saw the new barge service heading that way. Wonder how long before the local barge service will be down here?
    • SkunkedAgain
      I hear that to catch suspended crappies, it is best for the fisherman to be suspended as well. I suggest crawling out to the end of yours!
    • SkunkedAgain
      True - although the DNR tries to make us all feel better by saying that the number of fry that survive is higher due to their re-introduction back into Vermilion. In theory that means that we will not have as good of a 2020 walleye class, but as we know there are so many other factors that go into it.   As you said, it's an experiment - a very uncontrolled experiment
    • CigarGuy
      My dock is still up in the air🙂
    • leech~~
      Maybe you have to switch to your dock? 😄
    • CigarGuy
      Been fishing the neighbors dock in Partridge River the last 3 evenings and have only caught 2 crappies. Don't have the boat in the water yet.
    • JerkinLips
      Since most of the hatchery fry are sent to other lakes, the skipped year shouldn't have too much of an effect on the Vermilion population.  From the numbers I recall, the fry put back into Vermilion from the hatchery is slightly higher than their PREDICTED natural hatch would be (which all stay in Vermilion).  Will be interesting to see what the results of this "experiment" will be.  Maybe they will have to increase the percentage of hatchery fry going back into Vermilion to match the actual natural hatch (which may be better than they estimate).
    • BigVTim
      I'm headed up this weekend to dust off the camper. Is it worth bringing the boat for Crappies? Any one heard any reports? I'm assuming they are still deep but maybe with the early ice out they are already up in black bay. Cheers! I'll be nice just to smell the cold north air again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.