• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Abndoc

Opening Day

Abndoc

Well we are few short days away from our favorite season...Who will be heading out opening day?  Looks the temps are going to be warm all week, I'm going to head out opening morning to my favorite spot in WIS, just to get that feeling.  We moved back to Minnesota this year and have our own paradise in Isanti on the Rum.  My family is looking forward to hunting our own land this year!! My son took a beautiful tom off it this spring! We have a huge herd of does and fawns living on it with some nice bucks just starting to show up. Should be exciting come the rut!

Taking my 15 year old to Montana for Rifle Elk/Deer combo at the end of Oct.  Should be a great fall!! Good luck to everyone and stay safe!

• Thumbs Up 1

Barbelboy

I can't make opener because of a wedding....................sigh. But Sunday, Monday & Tuesday are slated for sits. I have a wild amount of bucks on my cameras. 7 total, with only a few does this year. Kind of odd, but meh. I really need to get out there before they break their summer pattern as I have multiple daytime pics of every buck. I just hope I get the right wind for my stand(s) to go for the ones in the pictures. Note the stand 20 yards behind the 11 pt. 

MFDC5319.JPG

MFDC3454.JPG

STC_0200.JPG

• Thumbs Up 4

Wanderer

A wedding here too... then starting with ducks next weekend.  Can’t believe I’m not more revved up. 🙄

leech~~

Some times it's just the warm weather and thick woods that makes me not be to Revved up for opener. 😕

Plus, pulling the boat and getting the camper ready for the winter, rearranging the garage to put all the summer toys away and getting the winter ones moved around and ready. 😞

BRULEDRIFTER

I'll be out! 

ANYFISH2

Too hot today.  I will do my best to get out next week and weekend.

Barbelboy

Well I went out Sunday of opening weekend. Ugh. I felt like I was hunting the Congo! So darn hot and buggy. Thank god for thermacell!

I did pass on a small 3 pt. It was fun to watch him, he was making rubs on trees all over around me. I'm actually glad nothing else came out, dealing with it in that heat would have taken a lot of fun out of the process. 

ANYFISH2

Have got out 3 evenings so far.  Seeing deer only one of those evenings.  4 deer Monday evening with a fawn buck and a small 1 and half old buck coming within range.  

Woods and fields are changing fast.

paceman

Been out a fair amount. Went out 1 morning, did not see any but see deer on every evening sit.   I have been working  really hard to get my 13yr son on his first bow kill. He has been busted twice trying to draw on does. His max range is 15 yards so we need then in close. I recently moved a couple stands in closer to trails so we will see how it goes this weekend.

I have one possible shooter that has been moving in daylight. I just need to see him in person to know for sure. Perhaps tonight...

• Thumbs Up 1

paceman

Last night was pretty fun. We finally got horns within bow range. We had a spike walk by at 7 yards, had a forky nibbling on brush broadside at 17 yards but my son was holding out for the 3rd buck. a basket 8. But he slipped by in brush at 21 yards. We also had 15 turkeys walk through at 15-20 yards but I had not yet bought the fall license. I need to do that before we go out again, which probably won't be until this coming weekend..