• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Youth Waterfowl Day!! Yippee

monstermoose78

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Who is taking a kid out to get em hooked on ducks?

I am my nephew will be over tonight and he is shooting my 870 with a youth stock. I found a pile of 3 inch number 4s. For up close and personal woodies and teal number 4s are good. I have some high density number 2s if the geese get to close.

I will be taking my son out in the morning. The weather does no look the best with strong SE winds and clear skys, but we will give it a go! Would be great if he got a couple. He will be shooting my old Winchester 1200. We will have fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, paceman said:

I will be taking my son out in the morning. The weather does no look the best with strong SE winds and clear skys, but we will give it a go! Would be great if he got a couple. He will be shooting my old Winchester 1200. We will have fun!

Good Luck

I will post updates 

Well we tried hard today. Nephew missed a few and had fun.

72434311-E279-4596-80E3-7DD58C29C949.jpeg

2999B434-F2FB-46C2-8313-DD0EA2643625.jpeg

23C81CCB-E49F-4724-80A0-50E7586A5159.jpeg

247BA7BE-563B-4BB3-99B4-C53CC8ADC4A3.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

The youth hunt was pretty fun. We had a decent spot with a few birds around. Jack missed a few but did manage to drop a Teal! I was surprised at the low number of Geese around up here. Only saw 1small flock about a mile away. We did watch a really nice buck walk along the other side of the pond. He was a dandy!

Jack youth duck 2108.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

My buddy had his son out as well and was only able to score 1.  But it was a drake mallard on the wing this time.  Made his son’s entire day!

I’m hearing (and seeing) low goose numbers all over central MN this season so far.  The only good news about that is I don’t feel like I’m missing out so much with having to stay focused on the kids’ wedding prep.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lots of geese behind my house. The feed in the ball fields of Mark Park.