• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jesse Wilkins

If You’re Looking For Tips On Where To Find Fish!

Jesse Wilkins

Hey fellas, I developed a free fishing phone app for my fellow fisherman. It’s called FishIQ. I broke down 10 species by their location based on the water temperature. So if you’re looking for quick pointers or interested on where to find other species throughout the seasons give it a try! Hopefully it leads to more fish at the boat!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Grampa2
      By Grampa2
      Anyone fish dog lake in Wright county?
    • JJ87
      By JJ87
      My 4 yr old wants to try to catch his first walleye. We live across from Stillwater just a couple miles into WI. Prefer a WI lake within 30 min. I would Appreciate any guidance I can get. Hoping to get out next weekend. 
    • Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• slammer
      By slammer
      Just read the new regs for 2020 on Mille lacs.   Same as 2019.  Locals are not happy and I don’t blame them one bit.  It’s amazing that one agency can dictate the livleyhood and economy of so many people.  There should be some way to hold them accountable.  It is sad what has happened around the big lake.  Nowhere in the US has there been a debacle like this. 

Now I read that LOW has seen a tremendous increase in wheel house traffic this last December.  A combo of bad conditions on Red and the crazy regs on Mille lacs has moved a lot of the crowd up north and increased pressure there.  One resort reported almost 1000 wheelhouses in a weekend came through.   

So how does the DNR manage this?   They basically close down one of the largest lakes in the state and force people to go elsewhere creating pressure somewhere else.  Granted LOW can handle it for now  but what if you start seeing a decline?  Apply more regs and people move on to the next lake.?  See where I’m going with this?  I think they’re shifting pressure from lake to lake instead spreading it out statewide.  Who knows what’s next for regs.  A limited number of houses or boats on a lake at any given time?  A lottery system to see who gets to fish where and when?  Sounds crazy but I wouldn’t put it past them to implement something if things get bad

People are very mobile now and will travel to get to the popular destination.  I would support a 4 fish limit statewide and maybe close LOW earlier instead of the middle of April.  Just some thoughts..........
    • Andrew Krzysiak
      By Andrew Krzysiak
      Crew, I'm relocating from Denver to Minneapolis next week. I've worked as an elk hunting and fly fishing guide; but it's been awhile since I've taken ice fishing seriously.

I'd love to find a group of guys who would be willing to let me tag along. I'd be more than happy to chip in for gas and share years of hard earned (mostly true) hunting and fishing stories.

Please shoot me a reply if you have an open seat in the coming weeks!
    • Dave S
      By Dave S
      Rumor has it a walleye that "likely" tipped the scales near 15 lbs was caught on a lake near Mille Lacs. From what I read, the fish was weighed the day after it was caught at 14.186 lbs and lost a couple ounces just in the time it was at the bait shop being weighed.
    • Monkster
      By Monkster
      Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted, most likely last year! I run a fishing contest on Lake Gervais for a non-profit group called the Little Canada Recreation Association (www.lcraonline.org). The contest is this Saturday, starting at 10:30. It's a walk up contest. we drill all the holes...well, actually, the Roseville Boys Hockey team does! Line forms early and we let you go at 10:30am. We lots of food, booya  by the Little Canada Fire Dept., beer and mixed drinks! Lots of great fishing prizes and we will also be selling raffle tickets for $5. You'll have a chance to win the grand prize, which is a 70" TV plus $1000 cash! See the flyers below! Forecast is for 37 degrees on Saturday! One more thing, Joe's Sporting Goods has some free bait on the ice, fatheads and grubs, if you want suckers or anything else, bring them with. No outside alcohol (my license doesn't allow), we'll have plenty at great prices. We will also inspect everything on it's way in. Hope to see you there!

• Dakota Loing
      By Dakota Loing
      Hey I was curious to see if there were any active fishing clubs near whitebear lake or forest lake 
    • Eyesniper
      By Eyesniper
      Has anyone been out to big swan recently? Curious how the ice is and if there are spots to avoid as I’ve not fished this lake before. Looking to target cats as my other lakes have been lacking this year. Don’t need other people’s spots just ice conditions. Would like to bring out my 3/4 ton and 17’ IC if possible. 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Tom Sawyer
      They sure do 👍👍 Top Notch!  
    • otterman91105
      I will be up on tommorow so i guess i will see first hand. Thanks for the reply.
    • mrpike1973
      On a lake near Sugar. Got on to some great sunfish they were deeper than I thought 22 feet deep suspended at 14 feet. Nonstop for 2 hours a black tungsten jig worked best I did try plastics for a bit for building up confidence but the fish showed otherwise quickly. Went back to 3 euro worms 4 was to many . Then I got a 10.5 bluegill my first one and wouldn't you know it my phone was about 2 blocks away. So I let her go not going to keep a fish out of water to get a glory picture. Oh well next time. Get out while you can the lakes were good with the warm up but who knows in a couple of weeks. That was on Friday. Drilled a few holes for an older gentleman that just wanted to fish A while I was glad to help out enjoyed chatting with him. Then went out today almost the same thing but unfortunately near a community spot and within 2 hours everyone was out there and a dog peed on my fish house was not happy threw snow on the house cleaned when i got home I left soon after very rude people unfortunately and the fishing died right away oh well.
    • Borch
      Nice variety Pete!
    • JBMasterAngler
      Well, gave Boulder a try today. Went out from the dam access. Some open water behind dam. Couple trucks drove out 😬 I did not! Foot travel, and not knowing anything about this lake made for great day to enjoy the weather. Only caught 1 perch and 1 walleye.   
    • Cret Jigs
      Wow ... the back held up today!!   Always forget to take pics UGH ... wish i had taken some, just a great day on the ice.  met some very nice people ... and enjoyed the great weather.  brought home 7 Sunnies, 2 crappies, and a large mouth.  Missed a bunch and caught numerous border line pannies.   Great great time.  
    • matt320
      Just got back from fishing a lake close to home fished in 9fow managed to get 5 crappies around 10 1/4" used a 1/8th oz  orange glow pinhead minnow tipped with a minnow head, also got some perch and two slimers, just picked up a ifishpro and a 36" TUCR with a okuma bait feeder reel I like the ifishpro much easier and better than usein a regular tip up, Anyone have a good recipe for pickled  fish the wife wants me to try and pickle one of the slimers I got. 
    • monstermoose78
      Met up with my cousin and his kids today to teach them how catch gills and crappies. The oldest who is 10 caught on quick and out fished his dad by an easy 6 to 1. He caught his personal best gill at 8.5 inches and his personal best crappie that went 12 and 1/16. He called me just now and said he wants me to take him fishing again tomorrow and next weekend. It’s easy fishing when it’s nice and the fish are on the munch.   We fished 10-12 feet of water and we used 3 mm jigs in white, gold, and metallic blue. They used wax worms and I used plastics. Spring bobbers were key for letting the kids see the bites. We kept enough fish for good fish fry for their family and grandparents. This is what it is about getting kids hooked on fishing.
    • The Chemist
      Thanks to 3 guys that were out there to help me land the fish and also take a few pics.
    • The Chemist
      A really good day out. Nice weather and the fish were active. Started out suspended btwn 4-10 ft off the bottom. Then later they were on the bottom. At dark they were back to 8ft off. Left the lake with the depth finder still showing fish.    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.