• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prayers Again

kelly-p

saw the news in the paper and was sad to hear of the tragic passing of CO Kyle Quittschreiber...was just having a conversation with a client last week on the dangers of tractors.  Sad news and my thoughts go out the Kyle's family!  May he rest in peace...

Edited by ozzie

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Saw this also.  Will keep his friends and family in my prayers.

Truly a sad deal. I had the opportunity to meet Kyle last November and he was a very nice guy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family in these very sad times.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• knoppers
      ice fishing has begun in the backus area. I walked out about 20 feet, did not punch any holes, but it looked like 4 good solid inches. some lakes capped over thursday night, so be careful, as the ice thickness will not be the same all over. my lake had open water in middle of lake, but capped over thursday.
    • CigarGuy
      Problem with the west end is no plowed roads. Safest setup is my sled and portable. We've had so darn much slush the last few years, even that setup can be challenging at times.
    • papadarv
      Coon lake Anoka Co. 95% locked except for narrow strip from Lexinhyon drainage ditch toward flagpole point. Several 100 swans/geese keeping it open. The ice ridge 30 ft off shore next to broken lce will most likely pose early ice access issues.  1/2 dozen Youngins fishing the channel said ice was 3 to 3 1/2".   
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      Google  little elk road east 
    • JerkinLips
      4'x6' would save a little bit of weight, but would reduce the surface area for floating on snow.  I have been thinking of making a 6'x8' to better accommodate the occasional guest.  I would put this close to a plowed road for easy access and removal at the end of the season.  Then use the 4'x8' for further out on the lake.   2x6 skids would give a little more clearance for the bottom over snow and water on top of the ice, and wouldn't add much weight.  I put electrical conduit on the bottom of my skids for wear strips and tracking.  This is the floor before insulation, sheathing underneath, and conduit.
    • smurfy
      Even the ice rods
    • smurfy
      Well I'm ready
    • Austin12345
      Does little elk one of those with multiple names I can't seem to find it on google maps. looking to get on some early ice tomorrow.
    • monstermoose78
      Went and checked little elk and Baxter 3-3.25 inches about 8 feet off shore. I did not go past that as I don’t want to fall in again. I need 5 inches to feel ok and it will be some time before gets there unless it gets cold soon. Let’s pray for no snow. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.