• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Rick

What Is Your Favorite Open Water Fish? Why

What do you to po refer to fish for?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rick

One vote.

monstermoose78

Bluegills and why is knowing I can catch a bunch and you never know how big it will be when that bobber disappears under the water.

• Like 4

Wanderer

Bass.

It’s what I find myself fishing for the most. I can fish for em anywhere and there are SO many different ways to target them.  Anything from finessing to big, bold bites and big hooksets.  Even if you’re not catching much you can at least entertain yourself with precise casting practice for certain presentations.

• Like 3

ANYFISH2

Bass, especially Smallmouth Bass.

Why are they my favorite?

A symptom of growing up along the Mississippi I would imagine.  The walk along the shores of The Miss. have given me pretty much every species that swims here.  Nothing get me more excited than the acrobatics or the will of a Smallmouth.   In open water I just seem more drawn to grab the bass bag and chase bass more than other species.  Come fall, it will be tunnel vision, bronzebacks.

• Like 2

Wanderer

Yup, I checked again today and bass are still my favorite. 😉

E6652DC3-5FCC-4499-8CD3-3FBD02F3BDFB.thumb.jpeg.c862cbacc64b718fdb594467038e72ab.jpeg

Cuz they like to play.

• Like 3

Better Than Working!

Salmon and trout on the Great Lakes are it for me. Something about truly screaming drags that I love. There is also a lot of personal satisfaction in taking somebody out and netting their first salmon on the big water! Wish my dad was younger and I had more time!

20160801_101903.jpg

P1010030.JPG

• Like 3

gimruis
Posted (edited)

Bass for me too, more specifically the smallmouth bass.

IMG_0663.JPG

Edited by gimruis
  • Like 2

fisherjmb

Walleye, because of their fickle nature and the challenge they can be to get them to bite. Also, they are great to eat.90EBADE8-9412-4CCF-A690-BC0A78181BCD.thumb.jpeg.813b655b5f2e42ac6a0df68b639f5262.jpeg

• Like 3

mrpike1973
Posted (edited)

I like bass because there are so many ways to catch them. Some are simple like wacky worms or more finesse like a Ned rig. Most of all when I take others out they enjoy a  fight.

Edited by mrpike1973
  • Like 2

BobT

I'm hooked on walleye. Like fisherjmb, I am drawn to their finicky nature and good eats. Jigging is my favorite way to catch them too. I could probably be more successful, especially at certain times, using other tactics such as trolling and bobber fishing but for some reason the feel of the pick up when a walleye takes a jig can't be beat. I don't know how to explain it accept it is just rewarding to me. 

• Like 3

fisherjmb

I agree Bob, jig fishing for walleyes is my favorite tactic as well.

• Like 1

Jighead4914

Walleyes for me great to eat, tough to catch.

• Like 1

JBMasterAngler

Trout. Particularly browns and brookies. Pretty good feeling when you’re the first on the stream and the sun isn’t even up yet. My go to stream is a nice, wild place, considering it’s only 30 minutes from the cities.

• Like 1