• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Kristopher Moe

Trout or gamefish near redwood falls

Kristopher Moe

We have tried fishing near Bingham lake and new Ulm and hanska. I wouldn't mind trying some river fishing for some bass or eyes or Pike. Just want something different from cats and bullhead

Rick

Find creeks feeding into the Minnesota this time of year. Use a jig and plastic from where it flows in to where it drops into the channel. Look for rocks and rip rap to improve your chances. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Fact checker says OK. 😋  You may or may not believe this but I was partially poking the bear too. 😉   Cheaper per pound than going up to fish and limits every time.
    • Bella Smith
      I love the FL -18 because you can zoom to the bottom 6' or 12' range (my cousin has one). And I do not remember which model you have multiple Mhz zones to choose from to get rid of interference. Meaning if another guy in the fish house has a FL-8 and the same transducer, you'll get interference. This is especially important when deep water fishing as the signal goes out in all directions, it the receiver (cone) the limits the reception to the cone angle of say 9, 12 or 15 degrees. Another thing some of the models have it so you have 2 (9 & 15 degrees) transducer degree to choose from. And do you want it to do double duty and be able to use it in the summer time too? That should weigh in also then. The FL22 has bottom lock and reportedly by others it is better to get through algae and air bubbles that you may encounter in the summer months. I'd suggest going to a good fishing shop and pick their brains on the differences, and of the brands before you choose a brand and model. Here is what I would do as I sense you are on a budget ($300). Buy a newer USED model of say the FL18 or the FL20. Check Graig's List near where you live. INSIST that you go out on a lake and test it before you buy a used one and that all the features work. Ask for the manual too. BTW, the FL20 has the flat screen, and some say it has more definition. (I have not used one though). Good luck.
    • monstermoose78
      Correct 
    • Johnetx
      Here's a couple of pics of that light I got on Amazon.
    • papadarv
      Son has an FL28, buddy the FL18 both thought thier flashers were drawing too much current as there newer batteries died in a few hours. (Had bad batteries) Fl28 spec states 275 ma, I measured 287ma all options on. Fl18 spec at 200ma actual measured 208ma. I ran both units on new full charged 9ah batteries for 8 hrs. Fl28 batt was at 11.72 Fl18 11.97 at end of 8 he's. Calculated run time for a Fl18 on a 15AH battery is about 58 hours and Fl28 at 41 hours. (15 ah  = 15,000 ma - 15,000ma ÷ 208ma x.8 = 57.69. The x.8 represents 80% due to cold temp, repeted power on/off etc.). 
    • Johnetx
      SUBOOS Gen 2 Ultimate Rechargeable Camping Light and 5200mAh USB Powerbank - (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z5WYESW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_D-Y6DbH7PDMX9   I bought this light late last winter to use in my eskimo popup, hangs from hub with big caribiner, puts off good light. It's rated at 280 lumens for 6 hours,  longer than I'll spend on the ice at night.  Best part though is the lithium batteries are CONSUMER REPLACEABLE!  You can even charge your phone with it in a pinch.  A few weeks ago I put a little led fog light strip on my helix,  spliced alligator clips and will run it off locator battery.  Should really light up the area near the hole.  Cost less than $3
    • JerkinLips
      Didn't get out fishing until 11 today due to getting my permanent house out. When I got to the spot that I had cleared the previous day for my permanent I found somebody fishing in the center of my clearing. They must have liked the nice clear spot (slush/water froze overnight).  Not another fisherman within half a mile. I moved 100 feet from my clearing and set it up on a clear area if ice. I found 11" OF ice in this spot, 2" more than I found in my clearing 100 feet away. Maybe this spot never had snow cover so the ice got thicker. Be careful when traveling on the ice especially this year because of the heavy snow early. Many 4 wheelers were running around the lake but where having slow travel due the heavy snow. Somebody attempted to pull out a medium permanent on wheels and got stuck a couple hundred yards out from the landing. Fishing was steady from 11 to 130 when I caught 6 eyes then I caught only 1 more over the next 4 hours. Rainbows outcatching pike suckers by 6 to 1 margin. I fished with a plain red 4 hook. Cajun red line with no swivel seemed to be the best.  The attached pic is Birch Island where most people seem to be going.
    • leech~~
      🙄😏🙄 Red Lake Nation Fishery 19050 Highway 1 East Redby, MN 56670 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjAq-2m1qLmAhUBeawKHY5qDksQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fredlakewalleye.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw1nHj6YkRKvxzCJ0_4YRnXE
    • kelly-p
      The ones netting guessed that the bootlegged pounds were more then what was going through the fisheries.  There were some very big customers for the bootlegged walleyes they were not just sold in bars and parking lots but entire truck loads to one destination.  Many of them then resold the fish again. White people were also bootlegging out of the State waters some of them were even putting gill nets in the rivers during the spawning run. There was plenty of blame to go around.
    • bassbouncer
      Some steel going up