• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Borch

Fishing minnesota lake osakis get together

Borch

A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 

• Thumbs Up 2

IceHawk

Sounds like a great time definitely looking forward to it ! 

eyeguy 54

take a vet fishing same day so cant make it but hope to prefish it with the gang if it happens. :) 

Borch

I could use the help Royce.

BobT

Might try to stop by if we're not harvesting wheat. Will keep it in mind. 

Borch

Hope you can make it.

monstermoose78

I am in what time do need to show up ? But some would need to let a moose in a boat.

Borch

Someone willn have space.  I think I will have space Saturday. 

• Thumbs Up 2

eyeguy 54

dang,  will be headed to mille lacs friday mid-afternoon so wont work. have fun guys! maybe can pop up Sunday with boat if needed if you are still there to look for some gills. 

Borch

That's ok Royce.  Next time.

Lohmwil

I'll plan on being there.  Sounds like fun

• Thumbs Up 1

Borch

Wow it's almost here!  Looking forward to connecting with folks.  Let me know if you're planning on stopping by Saturday.

Mike89

still hope to around noon for a few minutes just meet folks...  are you planning a noon break....

Borch

Yes.

Borch

We've settled into our camping spot and the fishing report is that the sunfish and crapoies are on fire.  Walleyes are very tough right now.  But bass and pike are also being very cooperative. 

Borch

I fished most of the lake in scout mode today.  Found walleyes early on midlake humps and bars in 18-24 fow.  Got a couple to go on jigging raps but then they shut off.  Spent the rest of the day trying to pin down a panfish pattern.  Found good numbers of sunfish in shallow cabbage beds(6-9 fow).  None were huge but good numbers of 8-8 1/2" gills.  A few crappies are mixed in with them and some are suspending off the break.  There are also good numbers of sunfish in or just outside the reeds.   Most of the sunfish ran smaller though although there were some keepers there too.  Pike and bass I did not target but saw others do so successfully.   Plenty of bass in the reeds and spinnerbaits seemed to be what most were using.   Troll over the weeds and you will be rewarded with pike.

Borch

Decent walleye bite this morning once I figured out the pattern.  Jigging raps with a horizontal presentation on midlake humps.  So far the big fish is this 25" eye.

20180818_114218.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

monstermoose78

I want to be fishing with you

• Thumbs Up 1

Mojo1425

nice that's cool !