• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

otis32

Small mouth bass

otis32

Any reports on were the smallies are biting? What's the best lures? Thanks for any info! Brining the wife and kids there this weekend to try this huge lake. Good luck to everyone

monstermoose78

The north end but also the south side on the rocks. I jigs and twister tails, tube jigs, but a leech under a float is hard to beat. You can catch them on just about anything it depends on what you have confidence in. I love watching a float disappear, so for me that is my favorite. Top water can be exciting as well. 

Play the wind if the wind is from the north fish the north side if it from the south fish the south side. This will help you from being beat up so bad. Lots of times you can almost sight fish the smallies. Have fun with your family.

gimruis

The smallmouth are not in the shallows anymore.  I went about 10 days ago and they were post spawn already, very skinny, and moving towards deeper water.  Plus the bugs were just starting to hatch too.  They can be very tough to catch once they move into deeper water.  They're like roaming schools of nomads chasing the food.  Its like trying to find a moving target sometimes.  The pressure has really gotten to these fish too.  The times I went this season so far, I saw anywhere between 25-40 bass boats out there.  Recent rain has made the water murkier then normal so you might be able to catch a few on something like a topwater.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JBMasterAngler
      Well, the highway 70 access won me over yesterday, only to break my heart today. I should have seen the warning signs at the start of the day. Get to the launch, get everything ready, about to put boat in the water...forgot the life jackets! 😫 I drove to the Walmart in Pine City and bought 2 life jackets! Finally got on the water. Was a nice boat ride upstream. Was hoping maybe to make it all the way up to the mouth of the Snake River. Probably made it halfway before it got too shallow. I most likely could have made it through had I had more ambition, but we needed to start fishing. Hooked into a few fish right away, but lost them. I’m pretty sure one was a small muskie. Ended up drifting all the way back to boat launch, and only caught 2 fish! And both were just a couple hundred yards up from the launch! Was a smallie and a little walleye. So yes, slow day indeed. Looks like a nice trail system at the access though. Might have to plan a hike there this summer.  
    • chopper72
      I am going up to camp in the middle of June.  Anybody have any suggestions about baits and depths etc. for Walleyes and Bass?
    • Muskies
      May 31...Another beautiful afternoon on rainy lake with my wife...fishing east end this time...out for 4 hours 20+ walleyes and one 30” northern. Surface water temperature 65 degrees in 10-14 feet...jigs and chubs...Cajun batter on the fillets...
    • Wanderer
      Looks too low to me too.
    • Squirt
      Going to lake vermillion for the first time. June 13. Staying near Arrow Head Point, Isle of Pines. Only have a small boat with 15 HP so looking for some tips for where to go for big pike that is reasonably close given my boat. I do not mind a drive, but I know how conditions can get on big water.  I also plan to go to Trout Lake (reason for bringing the small boat) If anyone has tips on Trout Lake for Pike.  Thanks and #tightlines!
    • rayguy
      Heading up to chain for a couple weeks.  Need some general info on the panfish bite.  They still shallow?  Got a couple grandkids coming up and any info sent on the panfish action will be appreciated.  Thanks   Ray guy
    • walros
      Maybe see if you slide the winch back on the tongue an inch or two. The roller needs to contact the boat to keep it from bouncing. Should check to make sure the rear bunk rollers line up with the rear transom for stability.  
    • gunner55
      Every rig we've owned the roller is above the eye & snug to the boat when it's loaded.
    • h8go4s
      https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing_piers/index.html
    • Cheers
      I looked at my rig yesterday . It is a matched boat/trailer package from Lund . My roller is above the eye but snug onto the bow , probably an inch maybe more, higher than yours.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.