• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We had a guys weekend and fished Friday and Saturday from 11- darkish with a bar break during the day too...Friday the bite was ok boating 5 eyes between 2 boats and a good amount of northerns.  Saturday the weather sucked with heavy winds, and all types of weather...we caught a few decent fish but had best action right towards the end of the evening and we landed some for a meal.  The northerns gobbled up the redtails and the walleyes gobbled up the worms.  Jigging raps were also working.  Water temps were dropping so hoping the bite continues to get better. 

Will have one more go at em as we are going up Mon. till close up on the 19th.  Weather looks poor in the week ahead so who knows?   Ozzie how deep were you getting the Walleyes.?  We have had our best luck in 20-26 ft the last few weeks.  Would like to try some night trolling with cranks but at 33 degrees no thanks.  Have a good rest of the fall guys.  Almost time to get the deer gear ready.  Rayguy  

went out for a few hours again over the past weekend and used a variety of worms, lite pike minnows, and jigging raps, in the 18-24 feet of water and had something big on and lost and then landed a 27.5" Sunday morning.  Love being on a lake system with no one else out fishing!!  Hope to make it back up this weekend but if not this weekend will make it up for an extended weekend the 18th-21st.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wrapped up the open water season yesterday.  Had a terrible two weeks of weather.  Can't give much of a fishing report as it was almost impossible to fish.  Cold and rain plus wind was just to much.  When we did get out we caught a few.  Funny they were quite  shallow for this time of year.  Nothing big but nice eating size.  All in all it was a hard year to figure.  Lots of wind,  lots of weeds and now since Oct.1  the Russian front for weather.  Oh well  guess we did our part to save some for next year.  Have a good winter ,  good luck to all the deer hunters.  And we"ll catch you in the spring.   RAYGUY

• I Like it 1

Always a sad time of year when you call it on the open water season!  I was out on Friday for an hour or so trying to fish the calm parts of the lake (not many calm areas out there with that wind!) and we did not get anything.  We went to the windy side of the lake and tried for a minute or 2 and decided that was just silly.  I have started to think deer hunting but in the back of my mind I still have a thought of fishing b4 ice up.  Hoping to bag a deer quickly and then take the rest of hunting season to fish! haha  if my deer season goes anything like most years I will be toting the bow in hand up to January though!!?  Take care Rayguy and look forward to next years open water season on the great whitefish chain!!

• I Like it 1

made another couple hours on the chain fishing a spot that had been very productive for us this year.  We did not graph much but "beat the dead horse" so to speak and looked all over for fish and didn't see many.  The one that we thought was for sure a fish was a nice 17.5" eye.  Hoping this wasn't my last outing of open water but odds are that it was.  If so it was a good season and learned a few things!  Cant wait to get back out next year and do it again.