• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

ozzie

I know where that is!  I have spent many hours fishing not far from there.

rayguy

Headed up for the rest of September.  Talked to a neighbor and he said the Walleyes are starting to show up in there fall spots.  Sounds like a big time cool down coming so bring on fall.  Was up at Grand Marias this past weekend and they are getting trout off the pier in the hour before dawn.  Leaves just starting to turn there. Lots of people on 61.

ozzie

We are debating going up this weekend or next...have a guys fishing trip on the chain for the last weekend of September and am really looking forward to that!!

ozzie

rayguy how has the fishing been the last week?  I know the weather hasn't been  ideal but hopefully you have been out.  I won't be up this weekend but will be back up next Thursday to catch the Vikes game at a local watering hole and then fish most all day Friday and Saturday.  Hoping to get another report from you closer to Thursday next week also! 😁

rayguy

Back from the chain today.   Fishing was ok but weather was not good.   Windy , cold and rainy most days the last two weeks.  When we got a chance to fish minnows were the ticket.  Fish moving deeper just like a normal fall.  Most fish eater size largest was 24' ".  Only trouble using minnows is there are so many hammer handle pike in these lakes at 16.00 a dozen its a expensive bite.. We did try crank baits in late afternoon some and caught a few.   Lots of early morning duck shooting on both Saturdays but it all ended about 830 each morning.  Lower Whitefish had the best bite by the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

ozzie

We had a guys weekend and fished Friday and Saturday from 11- darkish with a bar break during the day too...Friday the bite was ok boating 5 eyes between 2 boats and a good amount of northerns.  Saturday the weather sucked with heavy winds, and all types of weather...we caught a few decent fish but had best action right towards the end of the evening and we landed some for a meal.  The northerns gobbled up the redtails and the walleyes gobbled up the worms.  Jigging raps were also working.  Water temps were dropping so hoping the bite continues to get better. 

rayguy

Will have one more go at em as we are going up Mon. till close up on the 19th.  Weather looks poor in the week ahead so who knows?   Ozzie how deep were you getting the Walleyes.?  We have had our best luck in 20-26 ft the last few weeks.  Would like to try some night trolling with cranks but at 33 degrees no thanks.  Have a good rest of the fall guys.  Almost time to get the deer gear ready.  Rayguy  

ozzie

18-24...check your messages

Edited by ozzie

ozzie

went out for a few hours again over the past weekend and used a variety of worms, lite pike minnows, and jigging raps, in the 18-24 feet of water and had something big on and lost and then landed a 27.5" Sunday morning.  Love being on a lake system with no one else out fishing!!  Hope to make it back up this weekend but if not this weekend will make it up for an extended weekend the 18th-21st.

• Thumbs Up 2

rayguy

Wrapped up the open water season yesterday.  Had a terrible two weeks of weather.  Can't give much of a fishing report as it was almost impossible to fish.  Cold and rain plus wind was just to much.  When we did get out we caught a few.  Funny they were quite  shallow for this time of year.  Nothing big but nice eating size.  All in all it was a hard year to figure.  Lots of wind,  lots of weeds and now since Oct.1  the Russian front for weather.  Oh well  guess we did our part to save some for next year.  Have a good winter ,  good luck to all the deer hunters.  And we"ll catch you in the spring.   RAYGUY

• Like 1

ozzie

Always a sad time of year when you call it on the open water season!  I was out on Friday for an hour or so trying to fish the calm parts of the lake (not many calm areas out there with that wind!) and we did not get anything.  We went to the windy side of the lake and tried for a minute or 2 and decided that was just silly.  I have started to think deer hunting but in the back of my mind I still have a thought of fishing b4 ice up.  Hoping to bag a deer quickly and then take the rest of hunting season to fish! haha  if my deer season goes anything like most years I will be toting the bow in hand up to January though!!🤣  Take care Rayguy and look forward to next years open water season on the great whitefish chain!!

• Like 1

ozzie

made another couple hours on the chain fishing a spot that had been very productive for us this year.  We did not graph much but "beat the dead horse" so to speak and looked all over for fish and didn't see many.  The one that we thought was for sure a fish was a nice 17.5" eye.  Hoping this wasn't my last outing of open water but odds are that it was.  If so it was a good season and learned a few things!  Cant wait to get back out next year and do it again.