• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Horseshoe_Don

Summer ice fishing

Borch

Now I've seen it all!  😁

So how'd it go?

Wanderer
22 minutes ago, Borch said:

So how'd it go?

That’s what I’m wondering too!  Mostly how well you can actually keep your bait in your ducer cone.  For a pontoon fisher I can see some pretty cool positives for the setup!

Horseshoe_Don

I have 2 large anchors so movement is not a problem as long as the wind is not too heavy which causes a little rocking.    The screen was as detailed as it is in winter.   

As far as fishing went.    I was marking a lot of fish but most were cats.   I only marked a couple of possible walleyes but no takers, but in fairness I was only testing and was not in my best spot and was only there about 20 minutes.

Have to try again later in some of my winter hot spots.

Don

• Thumbs Up 3

Mike89

I like the idea!!!👍

IceHawk

That's awesome Don. Very creative and looks like fun. 

eyeguy 54

That looks like fun Don.  Should be a hoot for gills. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hoey

...and you do not need an extension!!!  How about hole sleeves?  I love it!!!

• Haha 1

smurfy

😂🤩 too funny. thats a good one!!!!!! how many strange looks did you get????

i always thought it would be the other way around....................pontoons on the ice house that someone would of dreamt up!!!!!!

Mike89

seen a guy once cut holes in his pontoon and then put up his portable over them to fish and see better.  that was different!!  but then so was he!!

• Thumbs Up 1

smurfy
6 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

seen a guy once cut holes in his pontoon and then put up his portable over them to fish and see better.  that was different!!  but then so was he!!

and it wasnt me!!!!!!!!!!!😁:P

leech~~
On 6/24/2018 at 6:43 AM, Horseshoe_Don said:

Made a few modifications to my pontoon.   I thought it would interesting to summer ice fish in the same spots I catch all of my winter walleyes.

Don 

sif2.jpg

I like it better then Dave Genz's boat 😉

Crappie-Hole-y-Boat1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike89

no smurf it wasn't you!!! 

and that boat that is something different!!!!  don't think so!!!