• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice castle fish house thermostat for ac

Parmer

Does anyone know if you can get a digital thermostat for the roof top AC units? I have a coleman mach 3 plus. The fan constantly stays on and is super loud. But it does work really well for cooling. Any help would be appreciated. 

i would be surprised; but mine is the samething, alittle loud! i cant find out which model i have, i even have the paperwork, looks like it oculd be the mach 3 plus and by the specs, i should be able to run my 1700 genny?

I don't think you will be able to run it on that generator. I have a yamaha 2000 and I have not tried it yet but from everything I have read you need 2800 watts to start the AC. All the 2018 ice castle fish houses are coleman mach 3 plus AC I think. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Parmer said:

everything I have read you need 2800 watts to start the AC

I have read this also.  I picked up 2 of the Honda 2200's and the parallel kit when we bought ours this spring.  Haven't had the chance to use it yet ?

for some reason my replies got deleted? but yes, you guys are right, the startup on the ac unit is double the running watts; also coleman mach got back to me about the thermostats, he said they're all compatible to run off of thermstats, you would need to install a control box in he unit so it can communicate with the thermostat

I also have a ICIH, with a loud ac unit, would like to see a thermostat for it but most of time time I have house plugged into 120 volt outlet.

Setting the fan to high or low the fan runs continuously. Set the fan to auto fan will start/stop with the compressor.