• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Michael Endres

Just moved to inver grove, looking for anyone to share my passion.

Michael Endres

Even serious anglers get seriously lonely. Fished too many metro lakes and beyond to count. Fishing has always Kept me sane and sober, its what I and I do it well. Recently moved, wondering if there's anyone out there who might wanna swap some tips, tricks, and hopefully some big ones. Not very good at this kind of stuff but hey, what do I got to lose by asking?! 

Thanks,

M.E.

20170827_141022.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• JasonG917
      By JasonG917
      Hello everyone. I have been fishing my whole life, just not much walleye fishing. I bought a boat a couple weeks ago and I’m not having much luck. I normally troll with Rapalas and I have tried bottom bouncers with a crawler harness with little luck. I don’t think I’m running the bottom bouncers right because I get snagged almost every time. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong. I usually fish Island Lake or Fish Lake. Any help or pointers would be awesome! Thanks
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      Last Thursday I got out in the Metro for a few hours with a buddy. We went out in the afternoon about 2 hours before Sunset and stayed for a few hours after it got dark. With the Sun up we punched a lot of holes, camera'd them and were able to find some thick weeds holding some good sized Sunfish. We fished those for a little bit and then pulled our shacks out a mile to a major piece of lake structure only to find that it was holding ZERO fish. On the way back to our launch point we stopped to check out a deep hole and found the larger Crappies to be roaming the edges suspended in the upper half of the water column. Big tungsten jigs with large plastics seemed to trigger their interest and get them to bite.

• monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Boom here it is everyone!!! 
      When:  Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 10 am to whenever. I will be there earlier maybe 9 am , but I will confirm before if I can make before that. 
      Where: Shakopee Lake Access by Onamia. 
      Who:     Everyone is welcome to come!! Please bring treats!! This is a family friendly as well. 
      Monstermoose78, Rick G, and Eyeguy will be there!! Please let us know who plans on coming. Please bring treats!!
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      Boom here it is everyone!!! 
      When:  Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 10 am to whenever. I will be there earlier maybe 9 am , but I will confirm before if I can make before that. 
      Where: Shakopee Lake 
      Who:     Everyone is welcome to come!! Please bring treats!! This is family friendly as well. 
      Monstermoose78, Rick G, and Eyeguy will be there!! Please let us know who plans on coming. Please bring treats!!
    • paydayy25
      By paydayy25
      I am a student at the University of Minnesota. I was raised in Ottertail County which is full of amazing lakes for walleye. Along with walleye fishing, I was raised on catfishing the Red River in the Grand Forks area. This week my father is coming down to the metro area to visit me down here at school. He's bringing his boat down (17 ft Crestliner with 80HP tiller). I was hoping to get some tips and reports on some possible river spots for catfishing. I would love to get in the MN River to chase some big flatheads! Any other river fishing spots for smallmouth and/or walleye would be great to try out as well! 

Do do any of you know of any spots that are within 30 minutes of the metro area and any good landings to put the boat in at? Hopefully the river isn't too worked up from the storms today. 

Any tips or reports would be well appreciated! 

Thanks. 
    • Monkster
      By Monkster
      We're a little over a week away from the 6th annual LCRA Ice Fishing contest on Lake Gervais in Little Canada, MN! Lots of great prizes, over $10,000 in prizes and raffle. Grand prize for fishing is a Marcum flasher, a Clam X200 flip over thermal and an Eskimo auger! Come on out Saturday, February 4th, noon to 3pm. Line up early for a good spot, the tent will open by 9am with beverages (alcohol and non-alcohol), food and raffle tickets. The raffle is the LCRA's winter raffle. $5 tickets, grand prize is a trip to Vegas and $1,000 cash! You don't have to be present to win in the raffle, that will be drawn after the prizes for the fishing contest around 4pm that day.

The Little Canada Recreation Association is a non-profit group that raises money to offset registration fees for youth in the Little Canada, Roseville, Maplewood and Vadnais Heights areas. We also fund scout projects, playground equipment and many types of sports equipment for area teams.

For more information on the LCRA or to register for fishing, go to www.lcraonline.org

• Maxers4146
      By Maxers4146
      Hey I am looking for spots in the metro area for anything that is keeper sized, Walleye, Crappie, Bluegill, Perch. I live in eden prairie so anything in that area would be nice. If you PM me, ill give you the spot that i just caught a 27" 8.5 pound walleye that i caught last weekend. I am pretty new to ice fishing in the metro area so i don't know any spots.
    • UpNorth Bassing
      By UpNorth Bassing
      Hello, 

I am wondering if anyone knows of any small lakes or ponds in the metro that I can ice fish I know yout want to give away any of your spots so PM me and I will trade some spots. I am looking to catch bass,crappie or possibly walleye

Tight Lines!
    • Monkster
      By Monkster
      This will our 5th contest at Gervais Lake in Little Canada! 100% of all money raised goes to promotion of youth activitie in the Little Canada area, including Roseville, Maplewood, Vadnais Heights and St. Paul!

Little Canada Recreation Association
      5th Annual Ice Fishing Contest
      February 6, 2016 – Lake Gervais
      Over $5000 in Prizes!
      Open to all ages – Great prizes, raffles and concessions.
      Gates open at 10:30am  Ticket Prices - $15 in advance or $20 day of event  - 1 hole per ticket – 2 hole max per person
      Limited tickets will be sold
      Booya proudly served by the Little Canada Fire Department.
      Tickets on sale now at:

Little Canada City Center
      Hardware Hank (Rice St,)
      Joe’s Sporting Goods
      Hoggsbreath
      Little Canada Bingo Hall
      Gordies
      For more information, contact: [email protected]
      Or, visit Little Canada Recreation Association website: lcraonline.org
    • Joe
      By Joe
      - Subscribe to this fishing report.
      Enjoy the metro area Minnesota fishing reports below.

The more current ones can be found by clicking a higher number just to the upper right of this post.

Feel free to post and share your fishing report. Others share theirs when you share yours.

Have fun
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CJH
      Fished a small west metro lake this afternoon.  Shallow was 6-7 inches, about 5 inches out in the middle, good solid ice.  This lake locked up early and didn't get messed up by wind or warm temps.  I drilled holes as I went just to keep checking the ice, since it was our first time out for the year.
    • Wanderer
      I stayed on the ice this afternoon and out of the woods.  I watched the sun fade with the last day of the ML season with mine in the truck at the access.   The darndest thing: the fishing was terrible.  Kept hoping I’d find em or it would pick up in the evening.  Neither really happened. 😔     Still, it’s been a good hunting year.  Thanks all of you that shared your season here!
    • monstermoose78
      I go bare hands
    • leech~~
      You may get two of these warm and waterproof, or waterproof and dexterity but you may be hard press to get all three as dexterity is hard to get with the other two in a glove.  The best I have been able to do is some Duck hunting gloves which aren't cheap. 
    • Spearing Machine
      Sunday evening report: Set up in 27 fow on 10 inches of ice off the West end of Ely island. I  fished from 2:40-5:00 tonight. Caught 4 and missed 2 more on the set line. Tossed everything back, about an 8 , 11, 13 and 15 inch fish. One on set line with plain red hook and chub near bottom and 3 jigging (one on a macho minnow and 2 on a flyer). Had a couple other good marks that didn't commit. Lots of wheeled/skid houses pulled out this weekend all over Mckinley/big bay area. About 3-4 inches of snow so good for travel with sleds or wheelers.
    • Wanderer
      Yah, that’s a tough situation @Kettle.  Neoprene are pretty much the trend but they still aren’t magic.  I bought a pair of diving gloves and they’re much better than any standard fishing glove.     I bet those Simms are nice.   Try to find a pair that fits well but aren’t too snug, and possibly have a breathable back.  
    • Wanderer
      Agreed, there always seems to be some geese over wintering.  I continue to see geese flying around and roosted in open rivers.  Swans too.  Had a pair circle me tonight while I was ice fishing.  It’s getting to be an ordinary thing - seeing swans in the winter.
    • GeluNumber1
      Went out last night for sturgeon. Considering it was my first outing of the year, I did okay with a couple sub-30" fish. Saw some dandies.
    • Mike89
      '   that's what i did in the end....
    • Kettle
      It's making ice but there were some pretty large open areas tonight