• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

sartellangler05

Staying at Chase on the lake next week. Where can a guy get good fishing info for current walleye info, and or panfish? Figured I might walk into Reeds since it is a block away and meet some locals? Anybody have advice let me know. I'll even have an open seat if someone wants to join. I'll have a glastron fish n ski, but limited to techniques without a trolling motor.

fishingstar

I have just left there but we stayed on the other side. The good thing we didn't see any lake flies yet. 

I was talking to the guy washing boats one boat had 3 keepers and that was the best he had heard of all weekend.

we fished 4 days and caught 1 keeper. 

we did catch 14 out of the slot 8 of them were 25 or bigger with the biggest at 29"

we didn't have a fish fry but it was a blast with the big fish.  

Wanderer
Posted (edited)

We spent the entire day out there yesterday and didn’t produce as well as the boat captain had expected we would.  We fished from 12 fow to 30 fow throughout all the spots we tried.  We went out of Trappers but did actually pound through the waves to Walker Bay for a few hours.  We marked fish in Walker on deep structure but had a hard time turning marks into bites.  I did hook up with a nice one on a chub but it came un buttoned.  It slammed the chub so I wasn’t able to feed any line to get a more solid hook-set.

Otherwise all our fish came from wind blown points on the main lake dragging leeches and chubs.  We only had two bites on crawlers that were short bites.  Most of the bites were pretty light.  We picked up some pike along the way too of course and they bit light too.

We boated 8 walleyes total with 3 of them being keepers.  We lost probably another 7 fish that felt pretty good.

I heard there was a tourney on the lake last week or the week before and the best weights came from 1-3 fow on jigs and leeches.  We didn’t try that shallow with the waves we dealt with all day.  With the amount of fish we marked on deeper structure it seemed like they weren’t quite fully transitioned out so the shallows are still probably producing OK.  Funny how the pics just don’t reflect the windy conditions.

5D7C0561-A672-4A40-8A18-3AB885D9EF80.jpeg.d082049f197d633e5ad4bb5bec32a14b.jpeg9A806E9B-C252-4895-8413-8CF119ADAA5A.jpeg.7b881e89736068e6840604ee73733f43.jpeg61C4F244-FE3D-498C-97D1-839EF491BA30.jpeg.506f0bc7ac4f389316d8fb407ef7d1eb.jpegFA8FEDA9-2EEF-4F37-8791-4E4A000FD4AA.jpeg.975a3c53e8622d966962e7da9e3d7042.jpeg

Edited by Wanderer
  • Like 4

IceHawk

Nice eyes great report!

sartellangler05

Thanks for the post! I may end up just searching hard for panfish during day, and troll after dark for eyes. Taking the easy way out?